CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kayaking any one

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Do you reckon salt water will make a difference as its more buoyant? Ive not tried getting back in from the Sea yet. I should have tried it in the med last summer really but Im buggered if Im doing it here. I never wear a buoyancy aid. Too cumbersome.
    I don't think water type would make a difference? A lot of it is down to balance and even upper body strength. When returning to our rhib after a dive, tank and stab jacket removed, then carabiner to sponson ropes, then haul my erse out with 20lb's of lead around my waist, doubt I could do this now, would be a heart tester!
    Likes barryd liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
    The ends of the Adventure are very different from the Colorado. Now I have got to find someone with one that will let me have a go. More public humiliation I suspect. Maybe I will try it on a none club night so I can ditch the life jacket as I am sure it will be much easier without it.

Richard
    Aye, certainly different shape at the pointy ends, with the adventure rear seat close to the rear, which helps. Ditching jacket will make the climb in less cumbersome.

Although I did say the time I did the manoeuvre, I was suited, only. I always wear a buoyancy aid, which when correctly fitted, will keep me face up in the event of say passing out, I have too much respect for the water not to wear one.
    Likes caledonia liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information