CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Wintonian passed away

Member Number
    Motorhome
    wobble box

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    unfortunately ive been away too long ,for one reason or another but god what a shock when i read about this . all i can say the guy used to ruffle a feather or two he ruffled mine once or twice but deep down he was a diamond ,ok mabey a bit rough on the edges but all i can say is my deepest condoleces to his family and god rest david .
    in the process of hunting for another tin shed on wheels

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    For anyone who has missed seeing it, the fundraiser set up by Giles is very close to reaching itís target.
    Fundraiser by Giles Olley : David Olley MacMillan Fund
    2CV
    Likes RoaminRog liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner 615

David Olley RIP

Hiya Folks,

I know Dave was a bit of a "devils advocate" on this forum but he was a totally nice genuine guy in = "real life"
    I re-joined this forum recently with the specific intention of contacting David and Hilary because we wanted to meet up with them again this year in France when we are traveling through Brittany
    I am under this new name (previously hayabusabart) but unable to log in previously for some reason..

in 2014 I offered my old omnistor awning to David FOC as me and my missis were touring and passing close by him in Pontivy France

He invited us to stay with them both for the night. His lovely wife Hilary cooked a delicious French beef bourguignon and we downed a few bottles of the red stuff before viewing the stars in the totally light polluted area where they lived in Kergrist
    A lovely couple that made us very welcome .. we had a great evening
    David was a star.. I previously emailed him and told him that on the previous night to our visit we would be staying at a campsite close to him (25 miles away) so he took his motorbike out and did a reccy .. he reported back in typical a David way and even took photos of the pitches, levels etc.. totally comprehensive.. bless him

So when I logged in and searched for Wintonian I was extremely saddened when I heard of his passing last year.. he was a proper bloke that achieved so much in his lifetime. He spoke very highly of his son Giles who is a motorbike racer ..

God bless you David.. RIP late condolences to Hilary and Giles.. If I had heard of his passing then Joy and myself would have been at his funeral

Keep riding and motor homing wherever you are David..

All The best Tim

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information