CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maritime standard phone calls beware

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Got a warning on wifes ph so she put it on off till we got landed back home .
    Bet her thumb was sore lucky switch lasted for what must have been 1000's of on off's
    Likes R0B, delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Mobile data in Egypt really expensive £5600 for 2 days for 600Mb that was on a O2 phone
    Is that £5600gbp or le?
    We’re in Egypt at present, as soon as we set off from UK we took our SIM cards out as we’ve had them automatically switch data on, so don’t take the risk, we just use the WiFi in hotel plus got a sim card loaded with 20g of data only costs around £8gbp, can be purchased in airport arrivals.
    WestRidingofYorks
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkieowl View Post
    Is that £5600gbp or le?
    We’re in Egypt at present, as soon as we set off from UK we took our SIM cards out as we’ve had them automatically switch data on, so don’t take the risk, we just use the WiFi in hotel plus got a sim card loaded with 20g of data only costs around £8gbp, can be purchased in airport arrivals.
    Yes mobile data in Egypt and that was pounds sterling. £5600 on a UK O2 phone

If people are interested they can play back the full story which was broadcast on BBC Three counties radio

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Yes mobile data in Egypt and that was pounds sterling. £5600 on a UK O2 phone

If people are interested they can play back the full story which was broadcast on BBC Three counties radio
    Jeez bet that bill came as a big shock. Just come back through duty free (don't usually bother looking), and noticed a few of the phone companies are now offering a 30 day sim with minutes/data loaded for the country you're entering, it makes life so much easier. (Doesn't help with ferries though).
    WestRidingofYorks
    Likes harrow liked this post
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    just to let everyone know... i got my Utility Warehouse utilities/phone bill - the 20 minute call on the ferry was free .... Phew !!! in fact no phone charges at all for my long trip away in ireland

By the way - Utility Warehouse are going to reduce their gas and electric tarrifs in January.... so maybe its worth a look for those of you who are looking to save a bit of money
    Likes Alf, yorkieowl, yeoblade, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Your phone was not connecting to a maritime service, thank goodness. That's something else entirely.
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    the saga goes on

i started because of my fears of a huge phone bill... that didn't happen.....

but the saga continues

i got a penalty payment notice today for nonpayment of the M50 Toll on my way to the ferry at Dublin !!!! so in spite of spending 20 minutes on the phone and giving them my card number 4 times they still didn't take payment and have now fined me as well....... There is nowhere on the website where you can explain this - their pull-down list of "why i should not pay" does not include "idiot call centre staff not knowing their job"......
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    the saga goes on

i started because of my fears of a huge phone bill... that didn't happen.....

but the saga continues

i got a penalty payment notice today for nonpayment of the M50 Toll on my way to the ferry at Dublin !!!! so in spite of spending 20 minutes on the phone and giving them my card number 4 times they still didn't take payment and have now fined me as well....... There is nowhere on the website where you can explain this - their pull-down list of "why i should not pay" does not include "idiot call centre staff not knowing their job"......
    I would not bother,any every one here pulls of before the bridge and joins later,you are welcome to come back as the teapot is on hold.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I would not bother,any every one here pulls of before the bridge and joins later,you are welcome to come back as the teapot is on hold.
    thank you Trev - i will surely pop in for a cuppa next year. i will leave England a l ot earlier next year and so have more good weather (fingers criss-crossed) and more time before it gets too cold.

its such a confusing motorway system - approaching Dublin from the west there is one manned toll booth; then lots of signs for another toll road ahead (those are the ones i missed reading as i was doing 70mph and prefer to drive safely) and then a second toll booth to stop and pay at. I thought i was ok. But the middle set of notices are about a third toll section which is ONLY payable online. Madnessss...

Irish folk on the ferry were saying that there used to be a toll booth and they removed it and there's uproar - its especially difficult if you are new to the area, or foreign, or driving alone.

The pursur on the ferry printed me out a 10 page document "How to pay for tolls in ROI" - i bet they haven't got more than a few hundred miles of "motorways" in the whole of the Republic.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i have had my email to M50 toll acknowledged. i said i shouldn't pay. They sent me a link to their site which shows a red vertical arrow - and todays date alongside the middle of it and if i hover over the date i read "closed"

god knows what that means....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information