CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoons Christmas treat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I always wondered what wifey and sister in law were up to .
    Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Disappointing , thought they were shutting down . Taking their mediocrity and their halfwit owner somewhere far away
    It vey simple just don't use them, as I would assume you don't. But don't be disappointed because they are not making over 37,000 people unemployed. They must be doing something right in a lot of peoples eyes.
    Likes shortcircuit, alwaysared, antiquesam liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    It vey simple just don't use them, as I would assume you don't. But don't be disappointed because they are not making over 37,000 people unemployed. They must be doing something right in a lot of peoples eyes.
    My comment was very much tongue in cheek . Apart from the mediocrity and the extremely unpleasant owner remark .
    Of course they are doing something right , they are cheap . You don't have to be a marketing genius to know that !
    They sell decent beer , mostly poor wine and not very good (or very bad) food .
    Think somebody commented on them 'upping the quality' ! Hate to think where they had been going previously
    Likes Fazerloz liked this post

Member Number
    As far as upping the quality, many are in old bank buildings that would have just rotted away. Early in the year I stopped off at Canterbury P&R and as usual went into Canterbury. I went to Wetherspoons, The Thomas Ingoldsby, which was very good, only to find it shut for renovation. Went back in October to find it totally renovated and full of punters. In addition to new toilets, totally new bars it now has 15 bedrooms in what used to be staff quarters. So Wetherspoons appear to have a very profitable business model providing jobs for people, which says something for its owner, despite your rather unnecessary derogatory comments.
    I visited Edinburgh last month and found an old theatre, which had been shut for years, now a very unique bar with many of the existing features retained. Similarly, what was a Chinese restaurant at Waverly station had its insides taken out and restyled into a bar/resturant. All these works created jobs for people and continue to do so.
    I am not trying to promote Wetherspoons but take the bait when rather unjust and unfound comments are made.
    Have you actually been in a Whetherspoons?
    Likes Adria home liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

The females in the picture

Look like a pair of K9's
    So much for the ban !
    Likes st3v3 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    There was a time when Wetherspoons was a good safe bet for acceptable quality food at bargain prices. Since then, the food prices have risen, but the quality has stayed a bit "school dinner".

Their beer is generally well kept and a decent price. Their coffee is quite good and cheap. But the main draw for me was the food, and that's not what it was.

Of course, the pro-Brexit statements of the boss, presumably prompted by his 'zero-hours exploitation' staffing model, have put me off as well, but as far as I'm concerned, the rot set in long before then.

In general, I like what they do to buildings.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby siesta a65gm
    I am currently in scarsbrick hotel Southport they let dogs in and been to the bar pint of Guinness, vodka lime and soda 4.25 its cheaper than Wetherspoons but no lap dancers

mickymost is offline Free Member
    Name: Michael
    Spouse: Swmbo

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mercedes s560 1993 built to last!
    In reference to your poster I thought they had banned dogs?

Michael

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Three Christmases ago we house and cat sat for a fellow member who lives in Sydenham whilst she toured Spain. The local Wetherspoons was at Forest Hill just a short walk away which was just as well, we got very inebriated on the range of Christmas themed beers, none of which were under 5%, they were all priced at 2.40 a pint.
    The pub was a cinema very much in the Art Nouveau style, whilst a bit jaded it was still a stunning and sympathetic renovation and more importantly, a conservation.

Tim Martin, the owner of Wetherspoons, is a ruthless businessman through and through but to me he is a beer and pub hero. Long may he reign.
    A yawn is just a silent scream for beer.
    Likes shortcircuit liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Wetherspoons are an astute operator one of the few chains that are making money , they refurb buildings to a standard and then compliment by retaining as much History and Provenance as they can.

In common with most chains use their scales of economy not just in buying beer but also the food offer a pizza in Dundee should be the same as one in Dagenham they source quite clever and people buy their food free refills on coffee professionally I have the greatest respect for them impossible to compete on price when I ran pubs

The dog business has come about through irresponsible owners and they have decided it is their staffs job to serve people not go around cleaning dog shite, It is the consumers that have brought about this change of policy

Dogs can always be contentious in pubs anyway but in their case it looks like a blanket ban on the premises including the gardens, I don't think for a second it will hurt their profits and ultimately they own the trainset so do what they want wont be enough folk voting with their feet to stall any decision

Channa
    Likes izwozral, jagmanx, alwaysared liked this post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information