CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoons Christmas treat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Their beer is generally well kept and a decent price. Their coffee is quite good and cheap. But the main draw for me was the food, and that's not what it was.
    They took a backward step when they took out the espresso machines and replaced them with self service bean to cups. But I can understand why they did it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    transit lwb semi high panal van
    i would speculate that the non dog owning customers are glad theyre banned.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by ricc View Post
    i would speculate that the non dog owning customers are glad theyre banned.
    As someone who has no dog (except in name) I prefer pubs with dogs in.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    I dislike Wetherspoons and only go into them when forced.

Judging by the state of a lot of the clientele in the mornings, they were probably too insensible to notice if their dogs cr*pped everywhere by lunchtime.

Cheap booze, cheap food, poorly treated staff.

They do look after some nice buildings, though.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    wetherspoons is on my list of places i have tried once ,along with krispy kremes, macdonalds , pizza hut, etc. i find a few things from a supermarket deli or greggs strange but edible sausage roll will stop the hunger pangs till i get back to the sanctuary of my own kitchen. why do people eat this stuff ?
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Must take my blinkers off the next time I go into a Wetherspoons as it appears I am missing a lot. Afraid the rather sad picture painted here is not what I experience but then you only see what you want to see whether it is real or imaginary.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by shortcircuit View Post
    As far as upping the quality, many are in old bank buildings that would have just rotted away. Early in the year I stopped off at Canterbury P&R and as usual went into Canterbury. I went to Wetherspoons, The Thomas Ingoldsby, which was very good, only to find it shut for renovation. Went back in October to find it totally renovated and full of punters. In addition to new toilets, totally new bars it now has 15 bedrooms in what used to be staff quarters. So Wetherspoons appear to have a very profitable business model providing jobs for people, which says something for its owner, despite your rather unnecessary derogatory comments.
    I visited Edinburgh last month and found an old theatre, which had been shut for years, now a very unique bar with many of the existing features retained. Similarly, what was a Chinese restaurant at Waverly station had its insides taken out and restyled into a bar/resturant. All these works created jobs for people and continue to do so.
    I am not trying to promote Wetherspoons but take the bait when rather unjust and unfound comments are made.
    Have you actually been in a Whetherspoons?
    Yes I've been to wetherspoons . I know the venues in Edinburgh you refer to . Both places have had chequered careers . They've always been cheap and cheerless venues and , in my opinion , still are . Particularly the one at Waverley .
    My remarks are neither unjust or unfound . They are based on experience and knowledge of the trade .
    My comment on the owner is perhaps unnecessary but not derogatory , merely observational .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

try

Quote Originally Posted by GreggBear View Post
    Which weatherspoons do i need to book at?
    the one on the quay or joine the Q ,ok ,pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by shortcircuit View Post
    Must take my blinkers off the next time I go into a Wetherspoons as it appears I am missing a lot. Afraid the rather sad picture painted here is not what I experience but then you only see what you want to see whether it is real or imaginary.

Well I think I will keep mine on as I think they are ok as well.

alwaysared is online now Full Member
    Name: Derek AKA Del
    Spouse: Diane

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Tim Martin, the owner of Wetherspoons, is a ruthless businessman through and through ......
    Aren't all big businessmen the same nowadays, I once saw an interview with the CEO of Walmart and when he was asked if he felt sorry for the butchers and bakers that inevitably close down when they open a store in the area he simply replied "We employ butchers and bakers" so is it any wonder they're biggest retailer in world?

Regards,
    Del
    Last edited by alwaysared; 02-12-2018 at 22:33.
    90% of people are stupid, I'm glad I'm in the other 20%

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information