CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Low Emission Zone LONDON 2019 and 2021

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    That's an unlikely scenario here and if a tractor had no number plates even more unlikely however I guess if no number plate is visible that would flag it up for urgent investigation, seizure, prosecution and the vehicle being crushed.

Here when they do vehicle checks they have car transporters and removal vans for the motorbikes ready to take them away.
    Most will be on the register here but no test/mot and on farm ins,some cars are lifted for no tax/ins here to but most cases end up with contractors truck burnt in his face smashed in,or worse a riot develops,i jest you not.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Same coming to Glasgow and Edinburgh soon and up to 40 other areas ot Scotland by 2023.
    https://www.transport.gov.scot/media...nsultation.pdf
    2CV
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    Just checked and after 8 April next year our motorhome wonít will be allowed in which isnít a problem, but my van that I go into London regularly will also not be allowed in either, it looks like I will need to buy a new van, which is a shame as this van still looks and runs as good as new,

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Just checked our van and it is compliant.
    Smug Dude
    But it is pretty sh!t and will spread all over the Country, meanwhile other Countries continue to pollute
    Ridiculous!
    France is going all electric in 2030 ten years ahead of us.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    Just checked and after 8 April next year our motorhome wonít will be allowed in which isnít a problem, but my van that I go into London regularly will also not be allowed in either, it looks like I will need to buy a new van, which is a shame as this van still looks and runs as good as new,
    Fit duff plates from same type of van on ebay to you come out again.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes helen262 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Fit duff plates from same type of van on ebay to you come out again.
    That would certainly be a much cheaper option

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    France is going all electric in 2030 ten years ahead of us.
    nah, that is just SALES of vehicles, and not USE of them.
    Given the number of motorhomes owned older than say 15 years old now, Diesel and Petrol vehicles will be in regular use well past 2050 or 2060 in the UK and I have no doubts well past 2040 in France.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    nah, that is just SALES of vehicles, and not USE of them.
    Given the number of motorhomes owned older than say 15 years old now, Diesel and Petrol vehicles will be in regular use well past 2050 or 2060 in the UK and I have no doubts well past 2040 in France.
    Wrong 2030 for france and at moment here 2040 but talk of doing same as France,yes you may use you old ones past that date but the gov will tax them at a very very high rate plus ins will go up never mind fuel costs,can you afford not to go electric,think not.
    Maybe you dont know but major car and van makers have now dropped diesel engines from there range,merc bmw are two.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    France is renowned for having targets and then ignoring them. Wouldn't be the French otherwise.

There are very few emission targets that have ever been met on the time dictated anywhere - and this will be yet another one as the infrastructure to allow an near all-electric vehicle fleet will just not be there, either in terms of recharging points OR the power stations to generate the power.
    It's an unobtainable target and not one I am worrying about, that's for sure.

PS I said 2040 for France not as the year that no ICE engines will be sold any more, but the year that will still see loads and loads still in use as vehicles just 10-15 years old will not automatically be scrapped. Maybe in NI no one drives anything under 12 months, but the rest of the UK is a bit different and the same on the Continent
    Last edited by wildebus; 04-12-2018 at 16:15.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter 516CSi 4x4 camper
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    France is renowned for having targets and then ignoring them. Wouldn't be the French otherwise.

There are very few emission targets that have ever been met on the time dictated anywhere - and this will be yet another one as the infrastructure to allow an near all-electric vehicle fleet will just not be there, either in terms of recharging points OR the power stations to generate the power.
    It's an unobtainable target and not one I am worrying about, that's for sure.

PS I said 2040 for France not as the year that no ICE engines will be sold any more, but the year that will still see loads and loads still in use as vehicles just 10-15 years old will not automatically be scrapped. Maybe in NI no one drives anything under 12 months, but the rest of the UK is a bit different and the same on the Continent
    If anyone wants more details of emission restrictions and the like around the EU have a look at this
    Urban Access Regulations
    There's even a route planner to highlight any restrictions you might meet on a trip.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information