CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Low Emission Zone LONDON 2019 and 2021

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter 516CSi 4x4 camper

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    France is renowned for having targets and then ignoring them. Wouldn't be the French otherwise.

There are very few emission targets that have ever been met on the time dictated anywhere - and this will be yet another one as the infrastructure to allow an near all-electric vehicle fleet will just not be there, either in terms of recharging points OR the power stations to generate the power.
    It's an unobtainable target and not one I am worrying about, that's for sure.

PS I said 2040 for France not as the year that no ICE engines will be sold any more, but the year that will still see loads and loads still in use as vehicles just 10-15 years old will not automatically be scrapped. Maybe in NI no one drives anything under 12 months, but the rest of the UK is a bit different and the same on the Continent
    If anyone wants more details of emission restrictions and the like around the EU have a look at this
    Urban Access Regulations
    There's even a route planner to highlight any restrictions you might meet on a trip.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    Just checked and after 8 April next year our motorhome wonít will be allowed in which isnít a problem, but my van that I go into London regularly will also not be allowed in either, it looks like I will need to buy a new van, which is a shame as this van still looks and runs as good as new,
    This my point,

you will be alright on the M1 motorway going south but if you take a wrong turn at the end of the motorway you could be caught by the cameras.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    nah, that is just SALES of vehicles, and not USE of them.
    Given the number of motorhomes owned older than say 15 years old now, Diesel and Petrol vehicles will be in regular use well past 2050 or 2060 in the UK and I have no doubts well past 2040 in France.
    Yes but gov will tax heavy and offer scrappage against new units to which most will jump.
    No need for power stations as my mate charges of solar though low in winter im gunning water and wind will make good,only time will tell though i may never see it.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    France is going all electric in 2030 ten years ahead of us.
    thats only 11 years..... i cant see that happening

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    I've just checked and both my motorhome and my deisel car fall foul of the new regime, so I'll stick to the train

I'd have a lot more respect for schemes like this and their motives if the cities actually banned the vehicles that aren't up to their emissions standards. As it is, thousands upon thousands of 'offending' vehicles will still be fogging up the so called clean zone but now they'll be paying for the privilege. I wonder where the money will go?
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    I've just checked and both my motorhome and my deisel car fall foul of the new regime, so I'll stick to the train

I'd have a lot more respect for schemes like this and their motives if the cities actually banned the vehicles that aren't up to their emissions standards. As it is, thousands upon thousands of 'offending' vehicles will still be fogging up the so called clean zone but now they'll be paying for the privilege. I wonder where the money will go?
    Also my car is not good enough and it's only done 17,000 miles,

so because I am so close I will have to be very careful not to go over the boundary and get a ticket.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Also my car is not good enough and it's only done 17,000 miles,

so because I am so close I will have to be very careful not to go over the boundary and get a ticket.
    My car has just turned 20,000 miles, BUT it is 9 years old
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Re diesel, only Euro6 meet the new standard. As already seen with HGVs this will have a significant effect on none Euro6 motorhomes, and more so as Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham all rush to introduce similar schemes. Itís not all about where you tour itís also about where people live. Anyone living in the zones will not really be able to own a non Euro 6 vehicle unless they never take it home.

Transport Managers are well aware of whatís coming hence Euro 5 trucks are worth very little compared to a similar age Euro 6 truck. This will come to the Motorhome market but probably on as it happens as many donít realise just whatís coming and how quick it will come.
    Likes harrow, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Re diesel, only Euro6 meet the new standard. As already seen with HGVs this will have a significant effect on none Euro6 motorhomes, and more so as Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham all rush to introduce similar schemes. Itís not all about where you tour itís also about where people live. Anyone living in the zones will not really be able to own a non Euro 6 vehicle unless they never take it home.

Transport Managers are well aware of whatís coming hence Euro 5 trucks are worth very little compared to a similar age Euro 6 truck. This will come to the Motorhome market but probably on as it happens as many donít realise just whatís coming and how quick it will come.
    This is my situation, Harrow is already in the outer London LEZ but the ULEZ is coming soon, and this affects things like some petrol motorbikes as well.

My next door neighbor has a 2013 diesel van and his van is not clean enough for this new zone.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    I believe Euro 5 vehicles can be upgraded to Euro 6?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information