CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hip op

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    Day 11 everything he been going great until I went in for my first lot of physio I must have torn something as the wound is now weeping and my leg has been very painfully for the rest of the day , and a poor night.
    Day 12 it seems to have settled down a bit now and doing light exercises . Yesterday they took my crutches off me and now I have just the one walking stick .This afternoon we went for a steady walk in the park. Uphill is definitely hard work and hurts somewhat. The staples are supposed to come out on Saturday. My leg might not feel quite as tight then with a bit of luck.
    It's good to hear you are making good progress and yes it will feel better with the staples out, but as you know it will then pull in different places but you will soon be fixed and have spring and brighter weather to look forward to.

What out for any icy patches in the next few weeks !
    Likes Fazerloz liked this post
    Thanks Fazerloz thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Day 6. I can now quite comfortably get about the house, garage, garden and steps just using one crutch, but walking in the park requires two. I tried doing proper steps on the steps but that would still seem to be a fair way away I couldn't manage one it was still far too painful. I would like to be able to do one by the time my staples come out next Sat. The target is set.
    Not a good idea to do proper (alternate leg) steps on stairs until you're past the 6 week barrier. It would mean bending your new hip beyond 90 degrees and that's a no no because you could easily dislocate it. After 6 weeks, you should have enough new bone, tissue and muscle around the joint to hold everything nicely in place. I kept going with the 'up with the good, down with the bad' thing for far longer than that because I didn't want to jinx things!
    Be a patient patient... it's only 6 weeks
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Iíve recently had a full knee replacement well 12 weeks ago and the worst pain I had and still occasionally get is my ankle, shin and thigh.
    Very little pain from my knee unless I twist it, bugger knows why I get the pain in ankle, shin and thigh.
    Are you sure he put the leg back the right way round?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Week 4 Update a bit of a knock back. My wound didn't heal fully and has been weeping constantly and I ended up with it infected. This didn't come as any real surprise as my immune system is pretty shite due to me having chronic lymphatic leukemia. The plus side is I now recognise very early when I have a infection starting and can do something about it in its very early stages and seek treatment. It's now healed on the surface and the infection cleared up. I saw the consultant yesterday and all is good. Looking forward to spring now so on with the exercises. Now quite happy walking about the house with no stick and can do stairs sometimes. When out I can now walk further than before the op.
    The hardest part is having to sleep on your back all the time I will be glad when that bits done with.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Edina, Alf, yorkslass liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Nabsim is online now Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Week 4 Update a bit of a knock back. My wound didn't heal fully and has been weeping constantly and I ended up with it infected. This didn't come as any real surprise as my immune system is pretty shite due to me having chronic lymphatic leukemia. The plus side is I now recognise very early when I have a infection starting and can do something about it in its very early stages and seek treatment. It's now healed on the surface and the infection cleared up. I saw the consultant yesterday and all is good. Looking forward to spring now so on with the exercises. Now quite happy walking about the house with no stick and can do stairs sometimes. When out I can now walk further than before the op.
    The hardest part is having to sleep on your back all the time I will be glad when that bits done with.
    Great update and glad you are continuing to improve

Just goes to show nearly every cloud has a silver lining, we just cant always see it
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Good to see that despite a setback, things are now improving.

I sometimes consider myself very lucky to have only had relatively minor health issues so far. All the best.

Member Number
    Keep up the good work, you will soon be able to get your leg over again,

the motor bike that is !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Keep up the good work, you will soon be able to get your leg over again,

the motor bike that is !
    I keep going in the garage to try, but a long way off that yet.
    Likes harrow liked this post

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information