CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to the boys in blue

Deleted user 21925 Guest

Thanks to the boys in blue

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I left the pub at about 1.30 this morning and being new year it was impossible to get a taxi, so I decided to walk the 5 miles home.

Having been out since lunchtime, I had a bit of a wobble on, but I was making fair progress. I only had a T-shirt on (well obviously jeans and trainers as well) but the brisk walk was keeping me warm enough. After a mile or so, a police car pulled up and asked me where I was going. When I told him, he said "you'd better hop in mate or you're gonna freeze to death".

Had a nice chat with them on the way home, they dropped me at the door, wished me happy new year and drove off.

That time of night on new years eve a taxi would have cost me a fortune if I had been able to get one. God bless 'em!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Must have been a decent wobble Rob, to catch the eye o oor boys in blue. 1 am at mine this morning, temp was 10c degree, roasting!! Happy New Year.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes N/A, Alf, jeanette liked this post

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Must have been a decent wobble Rob, to catch the eye o oor boys in blue. 1 am at mine this morning, temp was 10c degree, roasting!! Happy New Year.
    Just off out now Terry.

Wonder if I can catch their eye again!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    Just off out now Terry.

Wonder if I can catch their eye again!
    Don't make this a habit.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    I left the pub at about 1.30 this morning and being new year it was impossible to get a taxi, so I decided to walk the 5 miles home.

Having been out since lunchtime, I had a bit of a wobble on, but I was making fair progress. I only had a T-shirt on (well obviously jeans and trainers as well) but the brisk walk was keeping me warm enough. After a mile or so, a police car pulled up and asked me where I was going. When I told him, he said "you'd better hop in mate or you're gonna freeze to death".

Had a nice chat with them on the way home, they dropped me at the door, wished me happy new year and drove off.

That time of night on new years eve a taxi would have cost me a fortune if I had been able to get one. God bless 'em!
    As a pay back you can help them out with their enquires
    You know you,re middle aged when the dog lets you get to the stick first.
    Likes N/A, izwozral liked this post

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572

Hats of to our emergency services

To think all the shut that they get eh ,whod do that job no me for one

My good lady is getting geared up for her night shifts as I type this ( angels all of them) and not cause Im married to one but when Ive been hospitalised you then see what hard work really is and the abuse they get!
    Thanks Tezza33 thanked for this post

Member Number
    How very cool!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    There's even been a video made of Rob walking home from the pub.
    YouTube
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    I love the way modern Police Forces do costings, let Rob walk home and in danger, ambulance, police, A&E, bed for the night, no, let's set a tail on him, then take him home, it has to be cheaper in the long run
    Last edited by Tezza33; 01-01-2019 at 19:16. Reason: Speed chuck ��

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 but no bike now

But you were caught on the local CCTV though
    YouTube
    Wine is the proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information