CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Judith Fish

Deleted user 21925 Guest

Congratulations to Judith Fish

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Many members here will know Judith who is the landlady of the Applecross Inn.

In the New Years honours list, she was made an MBE for services to tourism in the Highlands .

Thoroughly deserved.
    Thanks Alf, alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    Many members here will know Judith who is the landlady of the Applecross Inn.

In the New Years honours list, she was made an MBE for services to tourism in the Highlands .

Thoroughly deserved.
    They've had a tough time up there on the peninsula, Rob. First the young lass, then the fisherman, who both recently lost their lives.

Good news at last, well done Judith.

Enjoy your trip, Rob, you in van or hired a wee but n ben?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    They've had a tough time up there on the peninsula, Rob. First the young lass, then the fisherman, who both recently lost their lives.

Good news at last, well done Judith.

Enjoy your trip, Rob, you in van or hired a wee but n ben?
    Yes it was a terrible time for them Terry.

I didn't know the young girl but I knew Ali quite well, he was a real gent.

We're taking the van this year, just me Julie and the hound, my grandaughter and grandson begged to come as they loved it up there when we hired Eagle Rock for New year 2 years ago, but they are back to school next week. We're leaving home later tonight so should be there for lunchtime tomorrow allowing for a couple of hours kip halfway and a brekkie stop.
    Likes Alf, jeanette, RoadTrek Boy, Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome

We're taking the van this year, just me Julie and the hound, my grandaughter and grandson begged to come as they loved it up there when we hired Eagle Rock for New year 2 years ago, but they are back to school next week. We're leaving home later tonight so should be there for lunchtime tomorrow allowing for a couple of hours kip halfway and a brekkie stop.
    WOW, that is ambitious, Rob, Inn for midday will be good going, what's your route north?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mli 570

Funnily enough Iíve been looking round for somewhere for a family get together (12 of us, various celebrations) either later this year or early next year and came across Eagle Rock. I love Applecross and am sure adults could keep themselves occupied ( the Inn!) but what about the younger kids if the weather was bad? Would you recommend Eagle Rock + Nest?

Thanks, Tony

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybvi View Post
    Funnily enough Iíve been looking round for somewhere for a family get together (12 of us, various celebrations) either later this year or early next year and came across Eagle Rock. I love Applecross and am sure adults could keep themselves occupied ( the Inn!) but what about the younger kids if the weather was bad? Would you recommend Eagle Rock + Nest?

Thanks, Tony
    I can thoroughly recommend Eagle Rock, we took all my kids and grandkids for a week New Year 2 years ago. We just had the main house without the nest and there were bedrooms and bathrooms aplenty for all of us.

The kitchen and lounge area is huge and fully equipped and overlooking the bay across to Raasay and the Cuillins of Skye. The weather was wet and slight snow whilst we were there, but the kids loved it, especially exploring Sand Bay and eating in the pub. It was about £3k for that week but probably because it was New Year but still well worth it. It really is a special place.

We will definitely go back there, probably for a family event or celebration at some point.
    Thanks Tonybvi thanked for this post

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    WOW, that is ambitious, Rob, Inn for midday will be good going, what's your route north?
    A1/A66/M6/M74 Kincardine Bride/A9/A835 Terry.

We will definitely be going over the Bealach na Ba though rain or shine!
    Likes caledonia, runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Have a great time Rob, will be great up there at this time of year.
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    A1/A66/M6/M74 Kincardine Bride/A9/A835 Terry.

We will definitely be going over the Bealach na Ba though rain or shine!
    Ah ok, if route was A1 all the way, I would open up our aire for your stop/sleep over. 6 hour drive from mine to Applecross.

May the Bealach gods be with you!!
    Likes Alf, N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Enjoy, Rob. Iím well overdue for a trip up there but I think Iíll pass on the pass. Once is enough!
    Likes molly 2, N/A liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information