CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    They need to get Noel Edmonds in, he`ll sort it out
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Never done the new haven crossing.

As far as I am aware, years ago if you took your pet abroad then returned back to the rabies free U.K..
    The pet was placed into quarantine for six months ( this still does happen from certain countries)( stand to be corrected )
    The U.K. has a list of countries that you can return from if your pet has a pet passport.
    The conditions are well known, plus requires a heath check from a vet as fitness to travel.
    If you wish to take your pet out of the country and have not followed the conditions set by the U.K, then on return if bring your pet back home it will require quarantine.
    Therefore I stand by you do not need a passport for Europe countries.
    ONLY IF YOU WISH to bring your pet back to the U.K.

If others have a different opinion please post on the requirements of said Europe country.
    if you go to Morocco with a dog when you return to Europe you must have had the titre test done. So not quite true.
    The less you want the more you live .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    if you go to Morocco with a dog when you return to Europe you must have had the titre test done. So not quite true.
    no. i have taken three dogs into spain without titre results . 2 never had a rabies jab.
    but i had got a vets letter to say the dog was able to travel. the last dog was brought into spain in 1999 and had a rabies jab and a passport .
    the jab was a rabisin and was to be given again in 2001 . the passport is institut de serotherapie de toulouse printed on the cover. but issued in sidi bouothmane morocco.
    but the other three never had passports . they were to be living in germany . a friend ran a dogs home and really liked the maroc dogs .
    mind my big english black labrador soon became leader of some of the packs . funny how they seem tio be able to speak french,spanish, arabic and german. ha ha .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

Rabies blood test

My vet rang me yesterday. She said that if there is no deal, we may need the certificate showing the rabies blood titre test results in order to get the health certificate for travel. This is an additional charge on top of the actual blood test, but don’t know how much yet.

She also understood the four-month rule (in case of no deal) that we could get the health certificate done in Europe, hence needing the blood result test document. I need to check this out, as I had thought that we would be limited to 4 months in Europe as the health cert could only be done in the UK. I hope she’s right as this will make a big difference to our overseas travel plans.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    My vet rang me yesterday. She said that if there is no deal, we may need the certificate showing the rabies blood titre test results in order to get the health certificate for travel. This is an additional charge on top of the actual blood test, but don’t know how much yet.

She also understood the four-month rule (in case of no deal) that we could get the health certificate done in Europe, hence needing the blood result test document. I need to check this out, as I had thought that we would be limited to 4 months in Europe as the health cert could only be done in the UK. I hope she’s right as this will make a big difference to our overseas travel plans.
    Will we not be limited to 90 days ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Going or on return.

Could also be if your have booked a return.
    The quote was from Eurotunnel travelling from Folkestone or Calais...suppose if they don't check in UK it might be irrelevant, but my knowing my luck, they would decide to check me! But need it to return anyway!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Will we not be limited to 90 days ?
    Option to travel outside EU (Morocco, turkey etc) for 3 months then back into EU.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    I'm finding the different replies in this thread about rabies requirements really confusing This is an honest observation, not a whinge but I'm wondering if some people are saying you don't need rabies jabs to take pets into another EU country when they really mean you don't need to bother? I keep looking at the regulations on various sites (including these that I posted before) and they all say that the EU does require them. What am I missing?

Non-commercial movement within the EU - European Commission
    Non-commercial movement from non-EU countries - European Commission

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    I'm finding the different replies in this thread about rabies requirements really confusing This is an honest observation, not a whinge but I'm wondering if some people are saying you don't need rabies jabs to take pets into another EU country when they really mean you don't need to bother? I keep looking at the regulations on various sites (including these that I posted before) and they all say that the EU does require them. What am I missing?

Non-commercial movement within the EU - European Commission
    Non-commercial movement from non-EU countries - European Commission
    At vets yesterday . He seemed to be on the ball .
    It will all depend on how Britain is classified post brexit .
    Most likely outcome , no change in present arrangements .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    At vets yesterday . He seemed to be on the ball .
    It will all depend on how Britain is classified post brexit .
    Most likely outcome , no change in present arrangements .
    Thank you Alcam but it's the present arrangements I'm confused about

Edit to say... not sure how the thread title appeared in my post? Fat finger syndrome on a phone keyboard I expect, so I've edited it out
    Last edited by Minisorella; 12-01-2019 at 15:08.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information