CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heads up - mobile homes Channel 4 tonight

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowel View Post
    I like the quirky retro look of “The Snail” but don’t think we could live with it.
    Did like the look of 'The Snail', wouldn't want to live with it long term, there are lots of 'upgrades' to those old Moggies some of which might have been done to it, but the program is just a bit of entertainment. Looked like a big overhang compared to the wheelbase.
    Likes Dowel liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Watched this this evening.
    Can't deny... I didn't like the Billy the snail camper
    The cattle carrier thing ... Liked the inside but it looks like a monster to drive recreationally (looks well over 7.5t ?). Maybe end up being a nice summerhouse/garden retreat?

I think as a self-build, Trevs base vehicle choice is probably the optimum between max space with usability within European roads (go US and double it )
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    If you want max space then you should probably look at 5th wheel jobs with multiple slide outs. I was very tempted before getting our van but couldn’t really see mr doing a lot of wilding in one lol

The amazing spaces shows are great entertainment usually for me, love to watch what some folks come up with, bonus this week is it was based on mobile spaces. Did anyone watch the series on sheds, now the hobbit hole was an amazing space
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    If I got a 5th wheel it would live on the driveway as I could never shift it as the roads are too narrow and awkward. Great in a place like the US or up and down a Motorway though
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    If I got a 5th wheel it would live on the driveway as I could never shift it as the roads are too narrow and awkward. Great in a place like the US or up and down a Motorway though
    Not so sure Dave, I didn’t go as far as having a go in one but because the pivot point on the 28 footer I was looking at was roughly in the centre of the tow vehicle it was actually shorter and would be easier to negotiate in places than the old 14 foot van an Volvo 960 I had was, well maybe about same in length but no more. Widrth wise I don’t think it was wider than our motorhome, it was the slide outs and bedroom over the swan neck that made it so big inside.

I think it would have been higher but can’t remember what it came in at. They do ‘look’ huge and unwieldy though lol
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: Neilyg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Legend Auto-Sleeper 1988 Diesel
    ... and another episode tonight, been on 15 mins it's the ad break just now....

Did you see the 2 young dreamers who've bought a knackered airstream for £5,600, £5k budget to restore it and 3 months do it in? Can't wait to see what they do with it...

I loved the bee hive house in the woods, all recycled & re-purposed fittings - now that WAS genuinely amazing, and quirky.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    Marie
    Likes trevskoda, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    ... and another episode tonight, been on 15 mins it's the ad break just now....

Did you see the 2 young dreamers who've bought a knackered airstream for £5,600, £5k budget to restore it and 3 months do it in? Can't wait to see what they do with it...

I loved the bee hive house in the woods, all recycled & re-purposed fittings - now that WAS genuinely amazing, and quirky.
    Here is a good one local to me at a fair price considering its very old at 1994 with 50.000 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Scudo WAV/ Iveco 50c14 self build
    If I had a secret hideaway house hidden in the woods the last thing I'd do would be get myself on tv. How long before the local council is knocking, wanting council tax/ demolition?
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggBear View Post
    If I had a secret hideaway house hidden in the woods the last thing I'd do would be get myself on tv. How long before the local council is knocking, wanting council tax/ demolition?
    You get 4 years the google earth with satalite gets you,many who built extensions with out planing get caught this way,only way is go under ground/cold war bunker.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes GreggBear liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Liked the bee house but don't think i would want to tackle the stairs everyday. The airstream was lovely and i admire them for taking the plunge and making their dream become a reality. The only thing that makes me chuckle is all the set dressing, where does it all go when you need to move.Full marks has to go to the granny who built her writing shed. She did it herself and used mainly recycled materials. Heard it before but i love the word wombling, says it all really. Just proves you can have your own escape, even in your back garden.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information