Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj808 View Post
    Heh Heh, that's why torque wrenches are good. People ALWAYS overtighten bolts/nuts in my experience. Some of the quick fixes I see at mx meetings are brutal. Manufacturers go to a lot of effort to establish best settings so why not stick to them. They work. Even a cheap wrench is better than guessing as it will put you in the correct ballpark.
    Yes I have two, a smaller one that covered everything I was likely to need on motorbikes then the giant one I bought for the VW crank/clutch. Well I have them if son in law hasnít borrowed them lol
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes bobj808 liked this post
    Thanks Tbear thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2009 Chausson Flash 08
    Campagnolo - how old are you people lol. Shimano is now the world leader, as used by most pro teams, including Team SKY. And you think it is all crap.

Member Number
    Feeling very old at present thankyou. I have shimano on 3 bikes but not all there stuff is perfect which is possible one of the reasons why they keep changing it.

Richard
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Seems push bike have come a long way since I had one this is what I had for a tool kit stepped on it to tighten wheels
    Likes Tbear, ironman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2009 Chausson Flash 08
    If you have the money Shimano is the best you can buy, although I suggest that Sram is up there is as well. Campag is away down the pecking order from its heyday.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj808 View Post
    If you have the money Shimano is the best you can buy, although I suggest that Sram is up there is as well. Campag is away down the pecking order from its heyday.
    They do some very nice stuff (Shimano PRO 3-15 Nm Torque Wrench Set) but on a pension I am not sure that I can justify 3 times the price. If I was using it on a daily basis, that would be different. There is also the fact that many repairs out on the road involve a clout with a bit of deadwood, it does not seem too important to get too perfectionist at home. I,m just deciding where to pitch it? I suspect the Compaq comments where a little tongue in cheek.

Richard
    Likes bobj808 liked this post

Member Number
    Should have said that I went for Wiggle | X-Tools Essential Torque Wrench Set | Tool Sets at £25 it works a treat. If it is still working well in 5 years???

Richard
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
    Should have said that I went for Wiggle | X-Tools Essential Torque Wrench Set | Tool Sets at £25 it works a treat. If it is still working well in 5 years???

Richard
    No idea, but wiggle are a well respected supplier in the cycling world marketing gimmick at one point was sending packets of haribos too

Channa

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    No idea, but wiggle are a well respected supplier in the cycling world marketing gimmick at one point was sending packets of haribos too

Channa
    Packet in every delivery. Not a great fan of them but I think its a nice touch as they do not advertise that they put them in. I did get some electrolyte tabs samples instead once which was a pleasant surprise.

Richard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information