CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virgin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F

Virgin

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Iíve listened to Chris Evens for years even through his binge drinking years with Billie Piper and love his sense of humour and his enthusiasm, he has now made the move back to Virgin Radio and what a faff I had yesterday retuning the radio in the bedroom have to now buy an alarm clock with digital radio I tried to listen to Zoe Ball who has taken over on BBC radio 2 and what a lacklustre show after years of Chris Evens it was bland and boring so I too am leaving the bbc and going over to Virgin radio and his show is just as entertaining as ever.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    Iíve listened to Chris Evens for years even through his binge drinking years with Billie Piper and love his sense of humour and his enthusiasm, he has now made the move back to Virgin Radio and what a faff I had yesterday retuning the radio in the bedroom have to now buy an alarm clock with digital radio I tried to listen to Zoe Ball who has taken over on BBC radio 2 and what a lacklustre show after years of Chris Evens it was bland and boring so I too am leaving the bbc and going over to Virgin radio and his show is just as entertaining as ever.
    I can't stand Chris Evans Annie, too big an ego and always pushing his son into the limelight. Also not pleasant to work with apparently if you get the wrong side of him.

I agree about Zoe Ball though, also can't listen to Steve Wright who talks over virtually every song. Ken Bruce is the best in my opinion, and I have to have my daily dose of Pop Master.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Internet radio is the way to go, Top Shelf oldies. org, wall to wall 50s+60s
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic
    Likes campervanannie, winks, trevskoda, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato
    Iíve listened to Chris Evans for some time though recently he seems to be broadcasting on his nerves. When it was announced that he was leaving I initially wanted Sara Cox to take over though Zoe came a close second.

Then when Simon Mayo said he was going to (mistake by the beeb to put him with Joe Whitley) there both great broadcasters though in there own formats.

So I have my to female choices at the start and end of the day, as for Mr Wright I think itís time he left his afternoon show and just did Sunday love songs. When his afternoon show comes on we change to classic radio till 5pm.

Re classic radio I see Simon Mayo has moved over to the new classical station to be launched on March 4 called Scala radio!!
    Happy Listening

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Yes, we were gutted to hear of Simon Mayo leaving.
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Legend Autosleeper (1988)
    A thread called Virgin by you-know-who - never thought I'd see the day...

Can't say I would miss Evans - where's Wogan these days? I'm sure for many it would be heaven to hear his dulcet tones again.
    Last edited by NeilyG; 23-01-2019 at 09:23.
    Likes campervanannie, Pauljenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilyG View Post
    A thread called Virgin by you-know-who - never thought I'd see the day...

Can't say I would miss Evans - where's Wogan these days? I'm sure for many it would be heaven to hear his dulcet tones again.
    Attention grabbing title 😂😂😂
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    I can't stand Chris Evans Annie, too big an ego and always pushing his son into the limelight. Also not pleasant to work with apparently if you get the wrong side of him.

I agree about Zoe Ball though, also can't listen to Steve Wright who talks over virtually every song. Ken Bruce is the best in my opinion, and I have to have my daily dose of Pop Master.
    I too couldn't stand Chris Evans, but having seen him at Top Gear, I've changed my mind, he's quite a showman, excellent at his job, might be a sh*t to work with professionally, but he certainly was great with keeping the audience entertained between takes, and seemed to really enjoy what he was doing which always helps.
    WestRidingofYorks

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkieowl View Post
    I too couldn't stand Chris Evans, but having seen him at Top Gear, I've changed my mind, he's quite a showman, excellent at his job, might be a sh*t to work with professionally, but he certainly was great with keeping the audience entertained between takes, and seemed to really enjoy what he was doing which always helps.
    I didn't like him in Top Gear Sue. Only watched it once though so I was probably just too used to Clarkson and co.

I agree he is a showman, I just don't like him I thought he was quite a bully with co workers on radio 2 and liked to humiliate them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    I really like Zoe normally but the breakfast show just isn't the same now... I miss the whole team. I guess it'll just take time to build up the relationships, rapport and the running jokes, etc. I used to love Drive Time too with Simon Mayo. Miss him heaps but have high hopes of Sarah Cox. Time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information