CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Buddhist Temple

  1. #1

    Member Number
    39158
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16,613
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F

    Buddhist Temple



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have come across this place today kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and world peace centres in Dumfriesshire, Iíve been to the Manjushri kadampa in Cumbria but never been to this one the difference, the one in Dumfriesshire you can camp there for £19 a night I think this is on the cards when I go to the green frog meet has anyone visited or stayed.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

  2. #2

    Member Number
    733
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,045
    Location
    Devon
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis I562 stolen replaced with a
    As you are in Jock land try visiting Holy Isle Welcome to Holy Isle | HolyIsle.org
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,411
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Time you repented annie and stopped the binge drinking,well maybe for one day.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

  4. #4

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,939
    Last time I was up around the Buddhist temple in Cumbria i was indulging in searching out abandoned mines and GVBs (grounded van bodies..... Ex BR railcars converted to sheds etc) just along from the temple is an uber rare insulated meat wagon ;-)



    Likes campervanannie, GreggBear, jeanette liked this post

  5. #5

    Member Number
    49915
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,384
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Always pictured you in an orange suit Annie but not in Dumfries I was thinking more Guantanamo.😜

  6. #6
    mariesnowgoose's Avatar
    mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

    Member Number
    22098
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,433
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by Looser cruiser View Post
    Always pictured you in an orange suit Annie but not in Dumfries I was thinking more Guantanamo.😜
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

  7. #7

    Member Number
    38839
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,653
    Location
    Nantwich
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I have come across this place today kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and world peace centres in Dumfriesshire, Iíve been to the Manjushri kadampa in Cumbria but never been to this one the difference, the one in Dumfriesshire you can camp there for £19 a night I think this is on the cards when I go to the green frog meet has anyone visited or stayed.
    Came across a couple of dozen monks/novices walking down the road dressed in scarlet robes a couple of months back. Rounded the bend in the road and was confronted by Samye Ling, could hardly believe my eyes. It,s an amazing place and would be worth staying there just to see the grounds, it really is like it has been planted there from Outer space!
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by rulers as useful.
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

  8. #8

    Member Number
    33945
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    354
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I have come across this place today kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and world peace centres in Dumfriesshire, Iíve been to the Manjushri kadampa in Cumbria but never been to this one the difference, the one in Dumfriesshire you can camp there for £19 a night I think this is on the cards when I go to the green frog meet has anyone visited or stayed.
    According to their website, no water or electricity available, £19 a night to kip in a field with limited facilities!! I hope the karma bites them on their collective, money-grabbing arses!
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

  9. #9

    Member Number
    7973
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,124
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Conishead Priory in Ulverston is a Buddhist Temple or retreat. It was used as the convalescent home for Durham Miners. My Mam and I went there on a day trip when I was a kid because my Dad was convalescing there after being injured underground at Ryhope Colliery.

    There is a link to the Buddhist organisation on my link.

    Conishead Priory, Ulverston, Cumbria

  10. #10

    Member Number
    39158
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16,613
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Conishead Priory in Ulverston is a Buddhist Temple or retreat. It was used as the convalescent home for Durham Miners. My Mam and I went there on a day trip when I was a kid because my Dad was convalescing there after being injured underground at Ryhope Colliery.

    There is a link to the Buddhist organisation on my link.

    Conishead Priory, Ulverston, Cumbria
    Bill and I went to that one about 10/12 years ago stunning place and there was a little corner in the gravel carpark at the entrance they allowed you to park overnight not sure if you still can
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •