CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddhist Temple

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F

Buddhist Temple

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have come across this place today kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and world peace centres in Dumfriesshire, Iíve been to the Manjushri kadampa in Cumbria but never been to this one the difference, the one in Dumfriesshire you can camp there for £19 a night I think this is on the cards when I go to the green frog meet has anyone visited or stayed.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis I562 stolen replaced with a
    As you are in Jock land try visiting Holy Isle Welcome to Holy Isle | HolyIsle.org
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Time you repented annie and stopped the binge drinking,well maybe for one day.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Last time I was up around the Buddhist temple in Cumbria i was indulging in searching out abandoned mines and GVBs (grounded van bodies..... Ex BR railcars converted to sheds etc) just along from the temple is an uber rare insulated meat wagon ;-)

Likes campervanannie, GreggBear, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Always pictured you in an orange suit Annie but not in Dumfries I was thinking more Guantanamo.😜

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by Looser cruiser View Post
    Always pictured you in an orange suit Annie but not in Dumfries I was thinking more Guantanamo.😜
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I have come across this place today kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and world peace centres in Dumfriesshire, Iíve been to the Manjushri kadampa in Cumbria but never been to this one the difference, the one in Dumfriesshire you can camp there for £19 a night I think this is on the cards when I go to the green frog meet has anyone visited or stayed.
    Came across a couple of dozen monks/novices walking down the road dressed in scarlet robes a couple of months back. Rounded the bend in the road and was confronted by Samye Ling, could hardly believe my eyes. It,s an amazing place and would be worth staying there just to see the grounds, it really is like it has been planted there from Outer space!
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by rulers as useful.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    According to their website, no water or electricity available, £19 a night to kip in a field with limited facilities!! I hope the karma bites them on their collective, money-grabbing arses!
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Conishead Priory in Ulverston is a Buddhist Temple or retreat. It was used as the convalescent home for Durham Miners. My Mam and I went there on a day trip when I was a kid because my Dad was convalescing there after being injured underground at Ryhope Colliery.

There is a link to the Buddhist organisation on my link.

Conishead Priory, Ulverston, Cumbria

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Conishead Priory in Ulverston is a Buddhist Temple or retreat. It was used as the convalescent home for Durham Miners. My Mam and I went there on a day trip when I was a kid because my Dad was convalescing there after being injured underground at Ryhope Colliery.

There is a link to the Buddhist organisation on my link.

Conishead Priory, Ulverston, Cumbria
    Bill and I went to that one about 10/12 years ago stunning place and there was a little corner in the gravel carpark at the entrance they allowed you to park overnight not sure if you still can
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information