CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evil people !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Awww this thread should come with a warning of extreme cuteness! I really miss having a dog

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    All being well my sons girlfriends family are adopting this gorgeous spaniel pup from our local dogs trust. She was found with a litter mate inside a bin, a passer bye heard them whimpering. It beggars belief how people can ill treat defenceless animals, and they say we are a nation of animal lovers.
    Attachment 69642 Attachment 69643
    OB, hopefully pups were not in bin long enough to have a psychological effect on them. Bonus point is, soon to be rehomed by people who care.

Our spoiled JR, Rocky, cooling down in a river near our village in France and, being chauffeured around Rutland Water, both last summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I don't think I am allowed to put a link up for another motorhome forum but there is a thread about a 9 week old puppy who apparently lives in a motorhome with a very stupid woman. She has asked if it is OK for it to be sleeping outside all night. She says her Mum has it through the day, so I assume she is working.

This is my lot. A 14 year old Whippet, the 2 recent rescue Whippets and the rehomed Jack Russell.

SAM_0624.jpg SAM_0623.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Awww this thread should come with a warning of extreme cuteness! I really miss having a dog

5B6C157C-7741-44AA-AD6D-F76EF589A200.jpg this is Misty now and the vest is because she’s had an operation,I don’t know how anyone could hurt something that is so loving and loyal and
    like everyone I hate cruelty and your right when you said this thread should come with a warning of extreme cuteness!!

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    When my present dog goes to the happy hunting ground Iím going for a rescue greyhound. I have visited my local greyhound rescue centre a couple times and was pleasantly surprised they had young dogs under 2 years old. I assume they didnít make the grade so of no use to the racing fraternity. The days of me spending a kings ransom for a dog are in the past, rehoming a rescue dog makes more sense and not just for financial reasons.
    Greys are possibly one of THE most understood of breeds ....Folks think they are massive and need heaps of exercise ...Frankly some of the greys i've met are THE biggest laziest slobs in the world ...

Frankly something they share with most sight hounds (whippets/lurchers/grey hounds/salukis etc etc )
    Along with a love of company and a warm sofa ....our whippets give you a dirty look at the thought of going outside in the cold and rain ....and love to curl up on the sofa/bed/wherever the hell they like.
    Lurchers can be harder work as they have usually been bred (Lurcher isnt actually a breed as such BUT a mix of sighthound and other breed to hunt a certain prey)to work and thus CAN be a little more wayward (Translates to lots of waiting time on a deserted beach after they have been let run AND knobbed off into the dunes after wappits ....my only payback was being in the same spot a few years later and watching a grumpy woman on the beach as she waited for her lurcher to return )
    Greys (especially retired ones) can be real lazy slobs considering themselves having DONE their time hooning about.
    Whippety types theoretically take up less space ....RUBBISH ....
    ALL sighthounds are made up out of solid "PointyCanineExpandium"
    A Gaseous compound that expands to fill ANY available space .

We have a superkingsize bed at home and "My" bit is the 6" strip that neither of the whippets want as it's too close to coldness and away from the duvet ...

Never the less I love them dearly .

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    I can't understand anyone that ill treats dogs,they will still love their owners whatever is done to them.If I saw anyone being cruel to one I could do them physical harm and would accept the consequences.I also don't understand people that dont like dogs.......what's not to like?

2018-08-13 09.14.11-2.jpg
    The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wakk44 View Post
    . I also don't understand people that dont like dogs.......what's not to like?
    It is more the inconsiderate owners of dogs I don't like, I am revolted by the mess (people that don't pick up after their dogs should be banned from ever owning another pet and the dog removed/impounded/pts) , the smell (some peoples homes stink of dog), people who allow dogs to lick their faces and mouths after they have been licking UGH!..I once dumped a girlfriend after I witnessed her face being licked all over by her dog (I ain't kissin that again!)....... People who feed dogs and cats at the table (I won't eat in any place that allows dogs or cats. Cats will walk over every work surface in the kitchen etc.

Dog and cat lovers will not understand most of the above, but in the end it is a personal choice and I will Always put hygiene over pets so apologies if the above offends anyone.
    Just wandering around and loving it.

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Greys are possibly one of THE most understood of breeds ....Folks think they are massive and need heaps of exercise ...Frankly some of the greys i've met are THE biggest laziest slobs in the world ...

Frankly something they share with most sight hounds (whippets/lurchers/grey hounds/salukis etc etc )
    Along with a love of company and a warm sofa ....our whippets give you a dirty look at the thought of going outside in the cold and rain ....and love to curl up on the sofa/bed/wherever the hell they like.
    Lurchers can be harder work as they have usually been bred (Lurcher isnt actually a breed as such BUT a mix of sighthound and other breed to hunt a certain prey)to work and thus CAN be a little more wayward (Translates to lots of waiting time on a deserted beach after they have been let run AND knobbed off into the dunes after wappits ....my only payback was being in the same spot a few years later and watching a grumpy woman on the beach as she waited for her lurcher to return )
    Greys (especially retired ones) can be real lazy slobs considering themselves having DONE their time hooning about.
    Whippety types theoretically take up less space ....RUBBISH ....
    ALL sighthounds are made up out of solid "PointyCanineExpandium"
    A Gaseous compound that expands to fill ANY available space .

We have a superkingsize bed at home and "My" bit is the 6" strip that neither of the whippets want as it's too close to coldness and away from the duvet ...

Never the less I love them dearly .

Now there speaks a man who knows dogs!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes Alf, Obanboy666, RoadTrek Boy, Justjack liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    It is more the inconsiderate owners of dogs I don't like, I am revolted by the mess (people that don't pick up after their dogs should be banned from ever owning another pet and the dog removed/impounded/pts) , the smell (some peoples homes stink of dog), people who allow dogs to lick their faces and mouths after they have been licking UGH!..I once dumped a girlfriend after I witnessed her face being licked all over by her dog (I ain't kissin that again!)....... People who feed dogs and cats at the table (I won't eat in any place that allows dogs or cats. Cats will walk over every work surface in the kitchen etc.

Dog and cat lovers will not understand most of the above, but in the end it is a personal choice and I will Always put hygiene over pets so apologies if the above offends anyone.
    I like both cats and dogs, but I also concur with most of the above!

Not bothered about sharing a space with dogs when eating (as long as they're below table level and not scrounging or thieving food).
    Don't like cats wandering around on kitchen worktops, ours were trained not to (but I always gave the work surfaces a disinfectant clean first thing in morning before preparing food as cats, like dogs, often do lots of things behind their owners backs!)

Got a good friend with 7 cats, all ruined - her vets fees are humungous! - and I've got used to the occasional cat walking over the table to say hello, plus the odd cat hair in me coffee!

Spent a lot of years honing immune system. So far so good
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post

I feel pretty much the same about kids.... And the folks with them...

Nasty noisy unhygienic things...
    Likes Millie Master, guerdeval, Justjack liked this post
    Thanks Millie Master, guerdeval thanked for this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information