Obanboy666 is online now Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.

Evil people !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    All being well my sons girlfriends family are adopting this gorgeous spaniel pup from our local dogs trust. She was found with a litter mate inside a bin, a passer bye heard them whimpering. It beggars belief how people can ill treat defenceless animals, and they say we are a nation of animal lovers.
    3CCFCA65-9608-4577-AC2F-63A23B79E759.jpg 49E23EFA-F4DE-411D-BA92-DEDD9ACBD250.jpg
    Last edited by Obanboy666; 05-02-2019 at 17:21.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Not surprised. The North East is notorious for having the highest levels of animal cruelty than anywhere else in the UK, Steve

I wouldn't like to catch anyone red handed mistreating any animal. I'd end up in court on a GBH/murder charge

Hope the wee dog settles in OK with its new family, I'm sure it will
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Doesn't seem much difference between animals and fellow humans, there is a complete lack of compassion around these days.
    Is it the product of the baby boomers, social media or politics, who knows?
    I really wouldn't want to be of the age or in the position of deciding whether to start a family or not.

Lovely looking puppy btw.

Member Number
    On of our current gang (all rescues) came from the North East... She had only just given birth when we got her....

Sadly we lost the two big lurcher lads not long ago that both came from the North East too...
    "Barley" had only ever lived on an allotment...

Our other rescue Whippet "Sasha" came from Leeds from a very nasty domestic situation.

I'd personally only ever have rescue dogs as there are so many needing homes (the Greyhound racing community is notorious for the production of dogs AND the disposal of unwanted ones.

I love sight hounds AND their funny ways (like stealing your food/sofa/bed... Though Wanting to murder anything small and fluffy in sight can be trying at times etc etc.

Babs (chocolate Lurcher) and Sasha (brindle Whippet)

Dogs are with us for such a short space of time.... I desperately try to make sure every second is enjoyed...
    On the beach OR snuggled up together....

Frankly I'd rather have dogs as friends over most people ;-)

Obanboy666 is online now Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    When my present dog goes to the happy hunting ground Iím going for a rescue greyhound. I have visited my local greyhound rescue centre a couple times and was pleasantly surprised they had young dogs under 2 years old. I assume they didnít make the grade so of no use to the racing fraternity. The days of me spending a kings ransom for a dog are in the past, rehoming a rescue dog makes more sense and not just for financial reasons.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Frankly I'd rather have dogs as friends over most people ;-)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Had to smile this morning, it is a sad time for Izzy at the moment and she was a wee bit upset this morning so I reached across and took her hand and held it, a few seconds later Bracken, our mutt, got up from her bed, walked over to us and placed her paw on top of our hands and looked up at Izzy as if to say 'don't be upset'. The empathy in Brackens eyes said more than any dog can verbalize but it was so clear to read.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Frankly I'd rather have dogs as friends over most people ;-)
    Pretty much my thoughts too.

Had to smile this morning, it is a sad time for Izzy at the moment and she was a wee bit upset this morning so I reached across and took her hand and held it, a few seconds later Bracken, our mutt, got up from her bed, walked over to us and placed her paw on top of our hands and looked up at Izzy as if to say 'don't be upset'. The empathy in Brackens eyes said more than any dog can verbalize but it was so clear to read.[/QUOTE]

They know far more and are far far more sensitive to vibes than a, lot of folks give them credit for....

Drinking buddy AND one of our first weekends away (along with the late Jess the collie (nick named "stick dog" from her ability to KEEP bringing a stick back for hours on end) another rescue that lived to a ripe old 18 years old.
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Not surprised. The North East is notorious for having the highest levels of animal cruelty than anywhere else in the UK, Steve

I wouldn't like to catch anyone red handed mistreating any animal. I'd end up in court on a GBH/murder charge

Hope the wee dog settles in OK with its new family, I'm sure it will
    Me too Marie.
    Can't abide cruelty to anything.
    I think some dogs are more empathetic than others though. I love mine to bits, a Chihuahua, but he's very self centred.Everything is on his terms.
    Likes Alf, mariesnowgoose, Justjack liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Our Nellie was a rescue, adopted at 13 weeks old after being almost starved to death.

Thing is, it's difficult to be angry at the former owner, she was a mentally ill woman living on her own in a flat in Liverpool. She had 7 dogs in the flat. She wasn't capable of looking after herself, never mind the dogs. She never took them out for walks, so they did their business in the flat. It must have reeked. The neighbours complained about the smell, and in an effort to address the problem, in her mind the solution was if she didn't feed them they wouldn't poo.

Eventually the animals were rescued by the RSPCA and police. One had died, the others were skin and bones.

Though no doubt most animal abusers are wicked, this woman isn't. She is mentally ill and failed by the state, a victim of "care in the community".

Nellie is a little delight, though you know the way dogs are usually quite food focused? Well she is insanely food obsessed, she will steal food, she constantly scavenges anything she can from the pavement. It's understandable given that she know what it is like to be starving.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shaunr68; 05-02-2019 at 19:37.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    I don't like Dogs, I don't like cats but I absolutely hate people who mistreat them.
    Just wandering around and loving it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information