CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritating Telly :(

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vanless (till March)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    No point watching Corrie just read the weekly TV magazine.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkieowl View Post
    Very rarely watch telly as other half, hugs the remote and watches the same cr*p over and over again, now I know his memory is bad but that drives me crackers, and if by chance I do manage to put something on that I want to watch and he comes in, he just talks over it, which does my head in even more! And God forbid if I did that.
    Signed, grumpy and irritated.
    Marie, mine hogs the TV remote , starts to watch something then often falls asleep against me with the remote on the far side! If I want to change channels I have to disturb him or watch whatever is on! You can guess what I do....trying to train him to leave the remote in my reach Luckily we usually agree what to watch in the first place, so I get a while before I have to be grumpy.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, yorkieowl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    We used to record everything & watch about an hour a night. Always hit the stop button as soon as the "Next time..." appeared on screen.

At the moment TV is only available through my laptop, so we're down to occasional Breakfast news & about 2 hours drama a week.
    =^..^=
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Alf liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Marie, mine hogs the TV remote , starts to watch something then often falls asleep against me with the remote on the far side! If I want to change channels I have to disturb him or watch whatever is on! You can guess what I do....trying to train him to leave the remote in my reach Luckily we usually agree what to watch in the first place, so I get a while before I have to be grumpy.
    Have you been spying on our house? Copycats!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes REC liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Have you been spying on our house? Copycats!
    You will have to get a second tv remote control, one for you, one for him.
    Likes 1 Cup, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    You will have to get a second tv remote control, one for you, one for him.
    You can use your smart phone with lots of TVs. Great fun until the rest of the family suss what you're up to.
    =^..^=
    Likes mariesnowgoose, ricc, harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Discovery 1 G610 WAC plus Motorhome
    We got rid of TV, life is calmer we enjoy reading, watching films, and walking.
    http://www.130sasha.co.uk/www.130sasha.co.uk
    http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com
    Likes mariesnowgoose, hairydog liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by roamingman View Post
    We got rid of TV, life is calmer we enjoy reading, watching films, and walking.
    Had no TV at home when I was growing up. I was about 5 when my Dad rented one for a month as a try out from Rediffusion after being pressurised by my older sister. He observed her viewing habits before concluding: "You'd watch a fly crawl up that screen! Not having you waste your time doing that, it's going back to shop!!"

So that was it until I grew up, moved away from home and eventually got my own telly same as everyone else, but even then was too busy with other things to watch it much

Life without TV is much better, I think.
    Never watched the TV that came already fitted in our old Autosleeper either.

So many other interesting things to do when there is no telly to slump in front of.
    Many times I've threatened to chop the plug off our current one!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Yup.
    Quite often there is the "Previously ...." which doesn't bother me too much, but showing what will be happening later is very annoying.
    Not noticed it so much in the actual programme, but in the trailers - and even have a trailer for the program just before it starts! I have the remote with the mute button handy!

(I really don't like those "Making of..." type 'specials' they have for some new films either. Maybe I may want to know how they made the film AFTER I've watched it, but not before! I want to watch and enjoy it, not analyse it)
    My life motto David

I rarely watch live TV but record programmes to watch later - especially multi-part dramas or entire seasons. In short, I can fast forward through any ads, plus switch it off before any 'coming up' spoilers. I do love a day or two of binge-watching now and then

The only downside is that I sometimes don't know about the existence of new shows until people start mentioning them because I don't see any of the trailers.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    My life motto David

I rarely watch live TV but record programmes to watch later - especially multi-part dramas or entire seasons. In short, I can fast forward through any ads, plus switch it off before any 'coming up' spoilers. I do love a day or two of binge-watching now and then

The only downside is that I sometimes don't know about the existence of new shows until people start mentioning them because I don't see any of the trailers.
    Ref your last sentence... I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day.
    With so much stuff being "on demand" and the rise of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and music services like Spotify and Amazon Music, it is very easy to stick with stuff you know and miss out on potential new music and TV shows, which can be a shame (apparently "The Bodyguard" was a great series but it passed me by )

I do like you do ... Record multiple episodes and binge-watch. I like the old series and will be watching a full series of "Danger UXB" soon, as well as "Gideon of Scotland Yard"
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information