CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Recognition at last.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello

Recognition at last.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Around 60 odd years ago I was a lippy young sprog at boarding school and one our teachers was a Mancunian who had attended Manchester Uni and knew about Alan Turin and some of his experimental work in computing being carried out at that time at Manchester university.

I carried this arcane knowledge around with me for many years until it got reignited about 20 years ago when a 12 yo salesperson in a computer emporium asked, in the slow measured tones used when talking to the mentally impaired, did I need help choosing a model and would I like to have computing explained to me.

Further conversation prompted me to explain that the principle for computer technology had been laid down by Turing in 1936 and I had been aware of the basic principles since before he had been born.

We parted company, him into the office and me to another outlet in a right strop.

I am therefore delighted that this autistic, long forgotten, genius came out top last night in the “greatest figure of the 20th century”.

Dezi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    all my life i've felt vaguely guilty about this man's treatment.
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    all my life i've felt vaguely guilty about this man's treatment.
    If some "experts" are to be believed regarding Turins death then the government has serious reason to feel guilty.

Dezi

Thread Information