CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Cinema for autistic people

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

Cinema for autistic people

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Many of you may have relatives or friends with autistic children /teens /adults this might be of interest and certainly worth publicising. A big well done to the company too

autism.jpg

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    Two small cinemas in Brighton, part of the orion PictureHouses group have special showings. Mothers with young children, so the lights are not turned right down, special needs showings so you are aware that the audience may not sit quietly and best of all- silver screen where we get it cheaper and a free coffee. Well done small cinemas, really trying to cater for as many of the population as possible.
    There are other goodies too such as live theatre screening and opera.
    Likes channa, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    What a great idea.
    I would love to take my granddaughter to the cinema, she's 3, but i know she would bawl the place down because of the noise. I don't think she's autistic but she really doesn't like loud noise.Tv and radio can only be on at low levels.
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Last time I went into a cinema I WANTED TO BAWL THE HOUSE DOWN, it was opressive and deafening, I did not stay the length of the film which I cannot even remeber the title of.. Way too loud for most people but they seem to think it is more of an effect to the atmosphere. My wife would have left in 5 minutes as she really is AS and hates loud noises. Tescos is bad enough .
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    Our local small cinema has special showings for autistic people. As well as weekly silver screens. Also at Christmas, they sold mulled wine and mince pies (2.50) as an alternative to coffee/tea.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i have not been to a mainstream massive cinema complex for over 20 years. Local community cinemas - hard to find i know - are much more likely to accommodate their customers. I use a local arts complex with film, live performance, art, live-film from london's west end plays. The sound is kept down, as they recognise that their clientel are primarily the older generation.

i suspect that many youngsters today will develop hearing problems with such decibels assaulting their ears on a regular basis... sad.

i applaud the autistic initiative. well done
    Likes REC, Moonraker 2, Justjack liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    What a great idea.
    I would love to take my granddaughter to the cinema, she's 3, but i know she would bawl the place down because of the noise. I don't think she's autistic but she really doesn't like loud noise.Tv and radio can only be on at low levels.
    You can get noise reduction ear defenders. The last time I went to a concert at Brighton dome they had them available to borrow. It greatly enhanced my enjoyment. I don't know if cinemas keep them, perhaps you have to ask. However for your granddaughter you could buy some. Perhaps get some for you as well so she won't feel different.

Thread Information