Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.

Iíve got a disease !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Went to doctors today as for a couple of years Iíve had serious problems with cold and painful feet / toes.
    My toes actually go white and on the odd occasion blue !
    Well I have Raynaud's disease which apparently is caused by the blood vessels in my toes contracting when the temperature is cold.
    There is a treatment but it wonít cure the problem and can cause blood pressure problems and swollen legs, I reckon Iíll give that a miss as Iím due to get my second knee replacement in the foreseeable future and donít want anything to put that In doubt.
    The doctor suggested to wear socks at all times, I do that anyway and buy one of these lol - D7EBC729-A64A-4578-BB16-04C4E14B8DB1.jpeg
    What a carry on, I hate this getting old lark !
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    I'm guessing you have been offered a CCB, probably nifedipine. This should open up the blood vessels helping the blood flow easier, it will also lower the blood pressure, so if your blood pressure is a bit high then it will help both problems, if your blood pressure is normal then it might drop a bit low, the swelling of legs would be if you develop water retention, I'm on maximum dose of CCB and have no problems with water retention, but since using it I have felt the cold more in my hands which shouldn't happen.
    Thanks Alf, Obanboy666 thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Sorry to hear that, Steve, yes getting old is a b*gg*r!

Instead of the heated 'Big Slipper' (as per Billy Connolly) if you want to walk about there are loads of varieties of heated socks at different prices.

Here's just one example:

Warmawear Battery Heated Socks

I'm with you all the way on avoiding drugs if at all possible as long as you can get by OK without!

Here's 'The Big Slipper', skip to 4:00 minutes in to see it

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes Obanboy666, Pauljenny liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    It's not always about getting old, children can get it & a friend of mine has had it for donkey's years, so I would just be glad it's a recent thing for you!

On a more helpful note, these things help my cold feet:

winter electric foot warmer heater insoles at Banggood
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks Alf, Obanboy666 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Went to doctors today as for a couple of years Iíve had serious problems with cold and painful feet / toes.
    Well I have Raynaud's disease which apparently is caused by the blood vessels in my toes contracting when the temperature is cold.
    There is a treatment but it wonít cure the problem and can cause blood pressure problems and swollen legs, I reckon Iíll give that a miss as Iím due to get my second knee replacement in the foreseeable future and donít want anything to put that In doubt.
    The doctor suggested to wear socks at all times, I do that anyway and buy one of these lol - D7EBC729-A64A-4578-BB16-04C4E14B8DB1.jpeg
    You foxy old thing you !!!!!!!!!!!!!(oops, wrong spelling-ah well)
    Be the best that you can, without causing pain to others
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Drink irish whisky to thin the blood and it will fill your boots.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Obanboy666, shaunr68, Makzine liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Even children can have raynaud's, when it's a bit cold they struggle with their extremity's, cold hand and cold feet, never mind it will soon be summer !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Having seen the big slipper ,best you change the MH for an automatic with a hand throttle.
    A collision is what happens when two motorists go after the same pedestrian.
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    CASHMERE socks.
    They are super warm but not too thick. I think that thick wool socks can keep your feet cold , stops outside heat getting in.
    Sheepskin slippers and sheepskin lined boots too.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mli 570
    Both myself and my sister have had Raynauds Disease (there can be a genetic element to it) since we were children. No need for drugs or anything like that, just learn to live with it. Mine tends to be worse with damp and cold weather rather than just cold weather and it actually seems to be improving now as I havenít had any white fingers for a couple of years now and Iím heading for my 70th birthday in a few weeks. Donít let it worry you as itís very common.
    Thanks Obanboy666 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information