CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you tip

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I would like to TIP

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Every single MP a very very high cliff !
    I would gladly give them as much as 1 each !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Tipping abroad when on holiday is something (from memory - not been abroad for years!) I do do, but very selectively.

I was at a lovely hotel complex in Cuba quite a few years ago and I watched the Bar Staff seriously raking in loads of money from the guests while the rest of the staff - maids, cleaners, ground staff, etc, were typically forgotten about it seemed.
    While not strictly speaking "tipping", I used to empty the mini-fridge in the room every morning and hand out all the drinks to the various ground staff (furtively as they were not allowed to accept them really).
    At the end of the holiday I did tip the room maid/cleaners as well but reckoned the bar staff were well enough taken care of!
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Pauljenny is offline PHEASANT PLUCKER
    Name: Where's Me- Wallet
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Yeah I always do. I even stuck a fiver in the tips jar in our local chippy at Christmas as their service is second to none. Hotels, bars, restaurants always like to tip something if the service is good.
    Next time you're in the area, Barry, do call in for a coffee , pedicure and tarot reading.
    We insist on payment by credit card, in Sterling.we are prepared, however, to accept tips and gratuities in cash.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Apart from the recent mot test with the cider can repair on the car exhaust I do not usually give a tip.

However what I do when I receive good service is write to the firm concerned and express my thanks about the member of staff who served me.

I remember a cashier at asda who I had given a good report letter about, was invited to asda head office, given a slap up meal with the other commended staff and then sent home with a couple of bottles of wine, so that was better than a 50p tip.

Before she retired I managed to get her 3 meals and of course the shop manager was very pleased with her.
    Likes wildebus, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information