CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what a beautiful day mother nature on display

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

what a beautiful day mother nature on display

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    A beautiful morning here in Dewsbury , sunny, clear blue skies and a wisp of high cloud. Typical February day frost on the car windscreen and crisp underfoot.

I live as the crow flies 50 yards from the Calder and Hebble canal so always an array of water birds flying about.

This morning first cup of tea, and looking out the window a flock of geese at high level, I dare say following the water course as part of their navigation

Absolutely beautiful, typical flying v formation nature as worked out the efficient way of flying , slightly ungainly long necks feet draping and travelling at a fair turn of speed no anti icing on the wings , how do they still fly (contemplation for the day)

Sometimes if we forget the hustle and bustle of our lives and just stop for a moment to soak our surroundings it can be very rewarding, It makes me feel glad to be alive, it doesn't cost a penny and sure it must be good for our wellbeing.

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Well sod you channa as it very gray and starting to pissistantly rain here and i have a 250 mile trip in van to do today over sperrins to newtownstewart and back to collect the outlaws.
    Only dirty people wash
    Thanks channa thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Seeing your pics of the Sperrins which I had never heard of it looks like it shows its beauty in any weather. On the basis I can do my personal blood exchanges in Belfast , don't be surprised if you see me at your door later in the year complete with chocolate biscuits for the wee ones

Channa
    Thanks Herbenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Sniff Sniff SNIFF !
    Did somebody mention Chocolate Biscuits ?.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco daily mwb high top panel van..
    sunny in somerset..no frost forecast on the local 10 day,. i may plant some broad beans later. friday afternoon was so warm i washed the bungalow windows , barefoot on the grass for a while.
    Last edited by ricc; 17-02-2019 at 08:10.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Thanks to being a Dog owner, we have enjoyed Nature on a daily basis for over 14 years. We have seen all kinds of animals and birds at close range. It is a well known fact that being close to nature releases Endorphins that can counteract depression and lighten the mood.

At this time of year I take wild bird seed and place it on fence posts etc. All kinds of small birds benefit from it and at the end of the walk we sometimes sit in the car and watch them come very close to feed. Sadly, we lost our old Pug a couple of weeks ago. She was the only dog that wanted Bakers Meaty Chunks as her walkies treat. The Wife feels duty bound to still buy them as we have fed the same 2 Crows for over 10 years on them. They follow us around the woods to make sure they are not forgotten.

We will be off out again shortly, not knowing what wildlife we will come across on a sunny, mild morning in February.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Sniff Sniff SNIFF !
    I think there is a bit of german in you,admiral donuts.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Nesting Zombie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Seeing your pics of the Sperrins which I had never heard of it looks like it shows its beauty in any weather. On the basis I can do my personal blood exchanges in Belfast , don't be surprised if you see me at your door later in the year complete with chocolate biscuits for the wee ones

Channa
    Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa, mariesnowgoose, time4t, jeanette liked this post
    Thanks Silver sprinter thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Sniff Sniff SNIFF !
    You can smell roast geese with all the trimmings
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    You can smell roast geese with all the trimmings
    It’s certainly signes of Spring bouncing into life again isn’t it, it’s evident everywhere we look at this time of year, it’s funny how you mention ‘Geese’ Harrow, Loads have just flown over heading kinda to the West & is a Welcome sight & I’ve still got a few days on them, Ducks are Blinking everywhere, & I’m Tripping over The Rabbits (Had enough of them actually), I will be Tapping the Birch trees end of this month, the Hedge rows will be giving up fresh treats as well, Even heard a Muntjac Barking this morning so I will be putting a stop to THAT bugger this week as I’ve got some friends coming over for a visit, So best choose a suitable location for a Fire Pit & Clear the Ground, Yesss the Bursting life all around marks the end of my favourite time of year, So it’s Feast & withdrawal season for me.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 17-02-2019 at 08:48.
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information