Thread: They all look the same

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    IMG-20190301-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190301-WA0002.jpg

Almost back on the road thanks to her neighbour
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Number
    must be nice to have friendly helpful neighbours............sigh of relief for her...back on the road....she will be very wary of gateposts now. well done
    where there is hope , there is a dreamer
    Likes Cass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    When I asked my father if I could learn to drive... he said.. "you learn to drive on a motorbike first son".
    he was right (as usual), one appreciates road conditions much more when learning to "drive" a motorbike.
    It was not until four years later that I took my driving test and my bike riding has held me in good stead since.
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    When I asked my father if I could learn to drive... he said.. "you learn to drive on a motorbike first son".
    he was right (as usual), one appreciates road conditions much more when learning to "drive" a motorbike.
    It was not until four years later that I took my driving test and my bike riding has held me in good stead since.
    Yes if you get it wrong on a motorbike it is gonna hurt !

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    must be nice to have friendly helpful neighbours............sigh of relief for her...back on the road....she will be very wary of gateposts now. well done
    He is a gem, she would be lost without him, and the poor guy had me living next door before her and Ive had to call on him once or twice lol
    Likes trixie88, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    3 hours in gate post 1 car 0
    Attachment 69998
    They all look the same, wow, what are Clio's made of, cheese!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes Cass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Bedouin
    While i was learning to drive my dad saw a 15 year old car that he reckoned would be great for me - once i passed my test.
    After parting with a whole 15 we came away with a 998cc Morris Traveller !
    I really had the incentive to pass my test as quickly as I could then.

In the meantime, mummy was driving 'my'car as the second car in the now 2 car family.

After having my first test cancelled due to weather I then passed my test, which was eventful enough in itself.
    As it was, back in us old farts day, you were asked the questions after the practical - i ended up arguing with the examiner!!
    But, hugely surprised as I was, he still passed me.

I duly caught the bus out to see my mum & let her know I had passed my test - and she was well chuffed.
    That was until i asked for the keys to 'my' car so that i could go and pick my wife up from her work !!!

I didn't realise i was driving on my own until I came to a set of traffic lights about 5 miles into the journey - nobody to tell me what to do !!
    we decided to go out for a drive that night and she asked her mum if she would like to come with us - her only question was - did I have a licence to drive in the dark ???? lol
    That car took us everwhere and never missed a beat - obviously all parts came from the scrapyard too.
    Great days

Member Number
    First car i bought when i passed my test (some time back 1985 ish) was a very second hand triumph herald 13/60 (1300 cc and a whole 60bhp) Giovanni Michelotti styling at it's finest

Nigh on identical to this one in valencia blue but with GT6 wheels

35346631980_49080b716b_b.jpg

Drove the pants of it whilst keeping it on the road via bits from scrap yards etc ....learned early on that the hard to was only bolted on with 3 bolts across the rear panel and 3 at the front so was VERY easy to unbolt and remove for sunny days .

Rather sadly ive still got it buried in the garage ...very unroadworthy BUT one day i'll have the time (Along with the 5 old landrovers etc etc etc )

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    First car i bought when i passed my test (some time back 1985 ish) was a very second hand triumph herald 13/60 (1300 cc and a whole 60bhp) Giovanni Michelotti styling at it's finest

Nigh on identical to this one in valencia blue but with GT6 wheels

35346631980_49080b716b_b.jpg

Drove the pants of it whilst keeping it on the road via bits from scrap yards etc ....learned early on that the hard to was only bolted on with 3 bolts across the rear panel and 3 at the front so was VERY easy to unbolt and remove for sunny days .

Rather sadly ive still got it buried in the garage ...very unroadworthy BUT one day i'll have the time (Along with the 5 old landrovers etc etc etc )
    Looks like my TR7 parked next to it! , and that was a car I regretted buying
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    aye back in them there days...there were a ..andle to wind it up wi...if it refused to start.....

one look under the bonnet and you could see exactly where everything was...easy peasy.
    where there is hope , there is a dreamer
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information