CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance NCD issue

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    doesn't help the OP, but this is the kind of reason why I pay a little bit extra to protect my NCD ....
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone
    Likes Tezza33, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    You may protect it but what has happened would still go against you as an "at fault "claim(ie-your premium would be affected)Bloody infuriating as there is now a guilty party.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    I know you don't like Channas answer but it is as he says - it is a "no claim" not "no blame" discount.
    If you make a claim and the other party admits it is their fault 100% from day 1, your premium the next year can still be affected as you made a claim. It is that simple.

When it comes to filling in the forms for a quote, they ask you if you made any claims in the last 5 years. They ask about ANY claims, not just any claims that were your fault.
    Even if you call with a potential claim and decide not to make a claim in the end (maybe repairs less than excess, say?), THAT is recorded - For some insurers, an incident is enough to count in the same way as a claim.

Fair? probably not. But that's life.

And that is why I protect my NCD to lessen the effect if there is a claim. Better than the premium going up AND losing the NCD saving as well

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    You need to read my reply to Channa,I never said I didn't like what was written.More the fact it was irrelevant to my question as is your reply.

They now have a guilty party as proved in a court of law.Why should I be penalised for that.I am innocent and want my NCD back.

I may have an answer via a motorbike forum and await a response from the underwriters.

I also appreciate that when a claim is made,regardless of fault it will affect the next year's premium.As I am paying for it now.

One thing I do know,I do not Intend to take this on the chin.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    you had a CLAIM (blame or not is another matter).

you lost a No CLAIM Discount.

what more is there to say?

Will you say on your next quote to the question Any Claims "NO"? No you won't. so to argue you should automatically keep an No Claims Discount after a claim is illogical.

No one is saying it is fair.
    Last edited by wildebus; 05-03-2019 at 15:02.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    All you are doing is taking the thread of course,thanks for the input.

I'll start another thread to see if it's fair or not.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    you had a CLAIM (blame or not is another matter).

you lost a No CLAIM Discount.

what more is there to say?

Will you say on your next quote to the question Any Claims "NO"? No you won't. so to argue you should automatically keep an No Claims Discount after a claim is illogical.

No one is saying it is fair.
    Some firms offer a "uninsured driver promise" where you don't lose your NCD after a claim, so, can't be that illogical.
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner 615

NCD farce

Quote Originally Posted by burridge01 View Post
    No,I am going through the MIB for personal injury,loss of earnings and my excess on the policy.
    The insurance broker don't seem bothered that someone has been found guilty and is at fault for the accident.Between them and the under writers they are as good as saying they have met there obligation(which to be fair they have)
    I will be paying for this on both my bikes,my camper and the car for the next five years and still won't be at the point I was before the accident.
    Bloody shocking is what it is.
    Effin insurance companies! I am a biker too. Unfortunately you had to make a claim off your own insurance policy despite the fact that the accident was clearly not your fault. The Blame nowadays doesn't seem to come into the equation with the Insurers and they don't care. In their eyes you are now a bad "risk" = You made a claim on a policy and cost them money and that's all the f***ers are bothered about. I doubt very much that your NCD will be re-instated even though it was not your fault. (I know of no one that has had their NCD back in similar circumstances)
    I had a similar experience a few years ago when a numpty rear ended me on my Fireblade and drove off leaving me for dead in the gutter. Fortunately I had paid the extra to protect my no-claims discount and legal expenses etc.
    I know its not what you want to hear. All I can suggest is that when you get into a healthy position in the future then pay the extra money to protect your no claims discount.
    A side note - last year some idiot hit my missis car in Asda and drove off. She had to claim on her own insurance to get it repaired. She had protected no claims. But when I renewed my Motorhome I declared that she had made a claim. Guess what. The premium nearly doubled!!!! B***ards

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vanless (till April)
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    , it is a No claim Bonus not a No Blame Bonus so that partly scuppers your idea I am afraid, any leeway offered by your insurers re the re instatement I Suspect a case of goodwill....seems unfair I realise

Channa
    I would have to agree with Channa’s interpretation.
    Likes REC liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge01 View Post
    It's not the fact I don't like your answer and I think I know what the answer will be from the insurer but I asked if anyone had been in this position and had it resolved.

You never answered my question but told me about something else.

I'll ask the question again.

Has anyone had there NCD reinstated after having to make a claim on there own policey after being hit by an uninsured driver.

You do not need city and guilds to answer the question.
    Thank you.
    With that attitude I'm surprised anyone gives a toss.
    Thanks burridge01 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information