CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance NCD issue

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    With that attitude I'm surprised anyone gives a toss.
    Thank you for the valuable advice.Well constructed and written.

How did you want me to dress my reply up,I asked a question and instead of an answer I got advice in respect of the NCB .
    Get over ya self.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    After a conversation with Vicky(very nice and efficient lady) from Mark Study I have had my NCD reinstated.Not as a good will gesture but because I was right in my view of being totally innocent in the accident.They will now chase the 3rd party for there losses(good luck with that)I will be contacting Principal tomorrow for a refund on my renewal hike.

Pic of the email from them(couldn't save and edit the pdf file cos I is fik)and to say i'm happy is an under statement

I'm happy with the outcome and advise anybody with an insurance issue not to lay down and let them roll over you.With a bit of persistence you might just get the right and fair outcome.

I DID IT

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    well done.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks burridge01 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Someone is going to wish they had insurance. They may sell the loss to someone who then sends the HEAVY Brigade round to collect. I looked into it when I was owed some money. You get 50% and they collect as much as they can with extras and interest. It usually involves breaking parts of the human anatomy

Well Done getting the NCD reinstated ..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Getting your NCD back is only half the story. You will have to declare the incident on renewals for the next few years, and don't trust the insurers not to hike the premiums because of it.

Best to get a quote without mentioning it, then another telling them and see what difference it makes. Any hike in premium should be compensated for - but it won't be!
    I agree ********,but as it's gone down as non fault the increase won't be so heavy.Spoke to Dan at APlan who insure my van/camper and as it's a modified policy the bike accident is not taken into consideration which was a pleasant surprise.There is more to come on this as i'm discussing the refund I feel i'm entitled to.

As it stands I am very happy with the outcome and will be even happier when I sort the last bit out.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    Just to finish this story.Principal are refunding me 140 of the premium,This is the amount I will receive after they and Axa have taken there administration fee out.Not happy about that but I am done with it now.

I'll refrain from adding a sarcastic foot note.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge01 View Post
    Just to finish this story.Principal are refunding me 140 of the premium,This is the amount I will receive after they and Axa have taken there administration fee out.Not happy about that but I am done with it now.

I'll refrain from adding a sarcastic foot note.
    As you will have probably assumed from my comments on this matter, I am quite surprised that you managed to get anywhere with this issue, but good on you for not giving up, and maybe a lesson to others (me included) to not just accept "the inevitable".

Well done.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Our house fuse box in the garage blew up once and my late husband called the insurance company just to enquire if it was something they covered... just that question. We got some estimates for having it fixed/replaced and decided not to make a claim because it wasn't worth it once you took the compulsory bit into account.

Imagine our surprise when our premium doubled on renewal! We called and they said it was because we'd made a claim and we said NO, we just asked if was potentially something that was covered but we didn't claim. They wouldn't budge, so we obviously didn't renew with them! They talk about insurance "risk" but it doesn't feel as though there's any risk involved for insurance companies these days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information