Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance NCD issue

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4

Insurance NCD issue

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Cut a long story short.

I was knocked off my motorbike last year by an uninsured driver. I had to claim of my own policey and duly lost my NCD.
    I attended court Friday where she was found guilty of 1-having no insurance and 2-driving without due care and attention. She drove into me.

Now it's proven she was at fault and has been found guilty by the courts I want my NCD back.The broker's are being hard work over the issue but I think I'm in the right(or maybe not)
    Has anyone been in the same position and had there NCD reinstated.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    , it is a No claim Bonus not a No Blame Bonus so that partly scuppers your idea I am afraid, any leeway offered by your insurers re the re instatement I Suspect a case of goodwill....seems unfair I realise

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    That does not answer my question.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Not sure whether you dislike the answer because it is not what you want to hear ...SO I will say it again it is a no claims discount not a no blame and you have made a claim ....so re instatement is at the discretion of your insurers and taken into account by alternative insurers ( your claim)

My opinion is based on holding a city and guilds in general motor insurance any re instatement will be at your insurers discretion

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    It's not the fact I don't like your answer and I think I know what the answer will be from the insurer but I asked if anyone had been in this position and had it resolved.

You never answered my question but told me about something else.

I'll ask the question again.

Has anyone had there NCD reinstated after having to make a claim on there own policey after being hit by an uninsured driver.

You do not need city and guilds to answer the question.
    Thank you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    No I have never been in that situation.

However, the way I understand things, it may be possible to make a claim through the Motor Insurance Bureau, and if your insurers are compensated, they should reinstate NCB.
    Likes burridge01 liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge01 View Post
    It's not the fact I don't like your answer and I think I know what the answer will be from the insurer but I asked if anyone had been in this position and had it resolved.

You never answered my question but told me about something else.

I'll ask the question again.

Has anyone had there NCD reinstated after having to make a claim on there own policey after being hit by an uninsured driver.

You do not need city and guilds to answer the question.
    Thank you.
    Have had the notes on the motor insurance database changed from at fault to not at fault after the Romanian insurer decided it went bust, still listed as a accident.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    I have a claim going through the MIB but the one thing they cannot do(solicitors words) is reinstate the NCB .
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge01 View Post
    I have a claim going through the MIB but the one thing they cannot do(solicitors words) is reinstate the NCB .
    So, insurance are going to get compensated, but still won't reinstate NCB? Thats well out of order. Think I'd be tempted to cancel the claim with MIB, if thats possible.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    No,I am going through the MIB for personal injury,loss of earnings and my excess on the policy.
    The insurance broker don't seem bothered that someone has been found guilty and is at fault for the accident.Between them and the under writers they are as good as saying they have met there obligation(which to be fair they have)
    I will be paying for this on both my bikes,my camper and the car for the next five years and still won't be at the point I was before the accident.
    Bloody shocking is what it is.
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information