CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariesnowgoose, cancer and some community support.

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Post arrived this afternoon and I now have a proper schedule for upcoming nuclear torture

Pre-assessment Monday 17th June, then first chemo session starts on 24th June.
    Last chemo session is 9th October. Six sessions in all.

Great to see that the oncologist had noted what my sister mentioned and has made all the appointments for later in the day. What a good guy.
    Not saying they won't chop and change a bit mind, but if they stay as they are it means:
    a) avoiding the morning rush hour and
    b) gives me plenty of time to get across the river to the Freeman - it's a bit of a trek to this hospital from where I live.

In preparation for hair loss I have been looking at suitable headgear.

Do you think something like this will do me?

Later in the day? You will be in trouble they all want to go home after lunch !
    PS go in the bank with one of those masks on !
    Do you think something like this will do me? Answer, get you locked up !
    Last edited by harrow; 12-06-2019 at 15:06. Reason: Do you think something like this will do me?
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's going bald too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Well, when I say later in the day, Ian, the latest time for one of the appointments is 12:00. All the others start at 10:30am or 11:45am

Don't now how long each session lasts, maybe about an hour? At least that's what the chemo nurse said at the last place - that's the time actually taken to pump Chernobyl into your system after they've prepped you and hooked up, I guess?

Think I might get a green one of those hoodies. Might cheer up the others in the chemo ward, whadya think?

Or one of these maybe?

Last edited by mariesnowgoose; 12-06-2019 at 15:41.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes GinaRon liked this post

Member Number
    Well, when I say later in the day, Ian, the latest time for one of the appointments is 12:00. All the others start at 10:30am or 11:45am

Don't now how long each session lasts, maybe about an hour? At least that's what the chemo nurse said at the last place - that's the time actually taken to pump Chernobyl into your system after they've prepped you and hooked up, I guess?

Think I might get a green one of those hoodies. Might cheer up the others in the chemo ward, whadya think?

Or one of these maybe?

No only get a hat if your head is cold, hospitals are always warm places, you will be fine, nothing to worry about.

I had to stay in the chemo ward for a week at a time but the NHS was much better then than now.

A bit of Chernobyl, that would make your hair fall out, no they will only fill you up with some weed n feed and get you sorted out !

Member Number
    Remember a happy chemo nurse has a bun in one hand and a mobile phone with facebook in the other hand.

Do not disturb !
    Likes mariesnowgoose, yorkslass, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    got CT scanned and tattooed for radiozapping today. while waiting , a woman took a selfie while ringing the 'free of cancer' bell

i hope we all get a go on that bell
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    got CT scanned and tattooed for radiozapping today. while waiting , a woman took a selfie while ringing the 'free of cancer' bell

i hope we all get a go on that bell
    That's what we all want,

I never had radiotherapy so apart from having the targets marked on you I have never experienced it,

I think you get a sunburn effect ?

Member Number
    marie,,,...get thee sen to leeds market.......they have a couple of wigs shops there.......the larger one sells wigs of every description...........you will get a different one for every day of the week........long,short, curly straight and probably any colour you want...any style for the price you mentioned paying for one....160 pound..i think it was you mentioned......you could even go punk rocker for the day....

ah....just go for a straightforward simple no fuss bandana............or if and when summer arrives
    just put on a BIG sunhat.....and of course the dark glasses.....then you.ll look like a famous celebrity.....
    keep yer pekker up......and very good luck with the treatment....it may not be as bad as you think it will be..........take care...all fingers and toes crossed for you
    Last edited by trixie88; 12-06-2019 at 18:00.
    where there is hope , there is a dreamer
    Likes yorkslass, mariesnowgoose, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift

Or one of these maybe?

Don't know if there are different procedures for different chemo, but David's prep took more than an hour, don't remember just what they did but we were there for a good few hours, Yours might be quicker cos it's been split into more doses,

Can't make my mind up about those coloured "wigs" Be good for Halloween
    Like the bobble hat though...your right it would raise a laugh.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trixie88 liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's going bald too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    marie,,,...get thee sen to leeds market.......they have a couple of wigs shops there.......the larger one sells wigs of every description...........you will get a different one for every day of the week........long,short, curly straight and probably any colour you want...any style for the price you mentioned paying for one....160 pound..i think it was you mentioned......you could even go punk rocker for the day....

ah....just go for a straightforward simple no fuss bandana............or if and when summer arrives
    just put on a BIG sunhat.....and of course the dark glasses.....then you.ll look like a famous celebrity.....
    keep yer pekker up......and very good luck with the treatment....it may not be as bad as you think it will be..........take care...all fingers and toes crossed for you

No need, Trixie, found a few on here after someone else with BC mentioned they'd found some good head covers on the same website.

Wig | Wish

They're really cheap as well!

Some outlandish ones, but also some that are pretty neat.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes trixie88 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Not chemo but the drugs given to renal transplants often cause hair loss , My friend Michelle looking rather dapper in her bonnet in my opinion

shell.jpg

With bonnet very suave

shelly.jpg

Channa
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trixie88 liked this post

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information