CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariesnowgoose, cancer and some community support.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598

Mariesnowgoose, cancer and some community support.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    As some of you may know Marie has been diagnosed with cancer. She has shared this with people on this community and on facebook. I want to share a couple of her posts here:

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Oh, b*gg*r!
    So back from doc's appointment this morning & two hospital appointments coming up over next 2 weeks; one for suspected melanoma & one for suspected breast cancer.
    Not entirely surprised as knew something was wrong, hence why doc's appt. in first place. Hope they can get on with it and start treatment sooner rather than later.
    Guess it's just a waiting game now.
    This things are sent to try us, eh?

Examination, X-ray, ultrascan & biopsy today. Consultant says 'not typical' - whatever the heck that means! Me being a dumbo on the day forgot to ask him to clarify! Will be re-called to hospital within the next week to get results of biopsy. So it's back to the waiting game for a while longer

Well folks finally back home after doing the rounds & getting stocked up with groceries.
    Booked in for pre-op assessment next Tuesday and op next Thursday, just need to decide on partial or full mastectomy. With any luck I should be back home the same day. Then radiotherapy is on the cards for 3 weeks after that, possibly chemo, but nothing firmed up yet, obviously!
    'Tis small (less that 1 centimetre) Type 3 (whatever the hell that means - on a steep learning curve here, so tricky to hit the ground running!), and not deep.
    Lots of other gobbledygook 'medical speak', which I will get my head round eventually, and I have my very own brochure/manual and an assigned nurse, even if she was away on her hols today so haven't met her yet. Consultant kept saying 'the good news is...' and that the small size would have been difficult to pick up even on a mammogram, so I've been lucky as it is very near the surface. Who knows what awaits down the line, just have to embrace the experience and see what happens as it goes along.
    You also get offered all sorts of plastic surgery / reconstruction if you want it. I'd already been told about this by friend who went through this 13 years ago, but consultant also discussed it today. Cost a fortune if you had to go private! I couldn't care less at my age, just be happy to alive
    Never thought I'd become a One Tit Wonder though!
    PS, consultant said at one point 'you're young & healthy', I told him he should get to Specsavers and that flattery would get him nowhere ...

Neil was shocked after hospital visit yesterday, I think. I was expecting the worse, think he was expecting it to be some sort of silly infection.
    Trouble is he doesn't talk much at the best of times, he'll probably find the whole process harder than I will - but then again, maybe not! No doubt he'll manage to keep his brain pre-occupied with other stuff as a distraction, I'm 100% sure of that! ��
    Probably phone MacMillan sometime this weekend, purely because I have some questions about the whole prognosis/possible treatment aspects, and my 'assigned nurse' is on holiday and nobody else seems to man their phones at the weekend. Got a phone call yesterday afternoon to arrange the pre-op assessment which will be this coming Tuesday, and just got 2 letters in post half hour ago confirming pre-op and actual op for this coming week. They certainly don't hang about!
    Have read through the 'manual' I was given, I'm a little bit clearer as to what it's all about, but still have lots of questions. Hopefully MacMillan can help clarify a few things until the hospital staff return to answer their phones on Monday
    I am crossing fingers and hoping I can avoid chemo, but not kidding myself either - I always assume the worst so I can be as mentally prepared as poss. At the moment the consultant doesn't think post-op hormone treatment is a possibility, which I think makes chemo more likely? Hmm. I'm definitely not Googling stuff and anything I do look at online will be on the recommended sites only!
    My cursory absorption of what I've been told/read so far seems to tell me that even though treatments have advanced it's still a pretty rough process to have to go through and that there are only a few set medical ways of dealing with it, no matter what type of breast cancer you have.
    Being totally drug free and never having suffered any real major illnesses in my life I envisage I will take the treatment badly and probably be a total and utter wimpy-*rse. I haven't got the backbone of Annie or Sue (Daisymini) when it comes to pain!!!
    In fact I can see me wimping worse than someone with man flu even! �� �� �� ��

I hope that brings you up to speed a bit

I have been contacted by members asking how we can do something for Marie, sending flowers or some other gesture of our love for her. So I contacted Marie who as I expected suggested that there are better causes than her and that giving money to charity may be a better option. However, in her message, she said that she would benefit from an old cheap Kindle so that she could read some books whilst convalescing.

So that brings me to the community support

It would be nice if we could buy Marie a new Kindle and if there is any extra money we could give her some Amazon vouchers for some ebooks. Kindles range in price and from 59.99 up to 319.99 and I will send her the best one we can. If we do go over the required amount then the extra money can be donated to charity by Marie. So if you would like to help you can send me money via my PayPal account or you can do a bank transfer to my personal bank account (details supplied on request).

Donations have now closed.
    I am pleased to say that we were able to buy Marie a Kindle and give her a voucher to buy books.
    We have also raised enough to donate 266.01 to Mcmillan Cancer Support.

This community is so special.

mac2.jpg

Thanks for reading

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    Donated with much love to Marie 😘
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

A small amount sent

Best wishes to Marie
    My neighbour who was in her late 60's
    Went through something similar 5 years ago and seems both fine and 100% cancer free..
    All cases are different but I hope it works out as well for you..
    Best wishes

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Not good news at all.

From a melanoma point of view, 2017 I had a couple of ops to remove malignant melanoma. All is well now and, I'm pretty sure Marie has the mental strength and attitude to win her battle!!

I don't do paypal, Phil. Please PM your bank details so I can do a bank transfer.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes Herbenny, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    I hope all goes well. It's great that it's been found early ...

Donation sent
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes mariesnowgoose, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    We don't do PayPal, either, Phil.

We want to donate.
    Best wishes and lots of love, Marie.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

yorkshireCPLE is offline Full Member
    Name: Carl
    Spouse: Helen, the better half...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28
    OMG..!!! We are so sorry to hear this about Marie. Reading this just took us back a couple of years when Helen was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.
    Please Marie please don't worry to much (I know easier said than done) but it's amazing how you will cope. At first no doubt everything seems to just happen and you don't feel in control of anything and all the medical talk just seems like blar blar blar and doesn't really penertrate. We feel for you and really hope everything goes smoothly for you. If you want to chat personally just send us a pm and we'll send you our numbers and we will be more than happy to chat to you if it will help. Sometimes talking to someone that's gone through it can help. Even if you just want a girly chat, rant or cry we are at the end of the phone for you anytime. Neil can also chat to us or just to Carl if he wants to as Carl found it hard in a different way and found that there wasn't anyone for the men to actually chat to and express how they feel. So please do give us a shout anytime. Here's wishing you both all the best with everything. Just remember we are here for you anytime...
    What helped Hels while having her treatment and she had chemo and radiotherapy, was in between treatments we went away in the Motorhome and she did nearly all her recovery in it. Waking up to different views is a great healer.. Thinking of you both. Carl & Hels. xx

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1999 t4
    My very best wishes Marie and hope you get loads of cash to spoil ya self.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2004 Fiat Geist Spirit 6650
    Donated with best wishes for a speedy recovery

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 694 - Renault master pvc
    Donation done and best wishes to her, family of cancer addicts here but I'm still free even if I do have Lynch syndrome
    When you don't care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached an awesome level of freedom

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information