Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love thy neighbour :)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    😂😂😂😂
    4 of our neighbours share keys, mind you are all geriatrics who tend to lose keys with scary regularity, but there's always one available for deliveries
    Be the best that you can, without causing pain to others

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    i find people are generally happy to help when asked
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes Justjack liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 240
    I take in all sorts for my neighbours and the ones across the road - took a set of wheels in once, they didn't half clutter up the hallway. Just ask I am sure someone will help if they can.
    You can take the girl out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the girl

Member Number
    We dont really see our neighbours,but we do take parcels in for each other. My daughters neighbour is lovley last week he put the bumper back on her car, and tonight I broke down on my way to work and he came and towed my car back for me.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    Just wandering about how well you get on with your neighbours, and do they or would they help you if you had a problem.
    Ours are friendly enough to say hello and pass the time of day, but nothing more and nothing less,

I got a dilemma
    I ordered a new mattress this morning !
    Received confirmation of a next day delivery with no option to change time day etc
    Never expected such a quick delivery and it's such short notice to change my work schedule so now I'm in a dilemma because no one is here to accept the delivery.

i feel it's a bit of a cheek to ask if they would take in a mattress for me 🙈
    Don't worry , just sleep on it
    " Age is something that does,nt matter,, unless you are a cheese."
    Thanks Herbenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Our neighbours are friendly and we are a big help to them as we are retired. They are all out at work all day so we usually take in parcels for them. In return, next door puts our bin on the path for the bin men and puts it back when empty.
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    We have really good neighbours on both sides on the one side they are what you would call an extended family as our kids and their kids grew up together and the ones on the other side they’ve been next door for a about 5/6 years we often take parcels in and help each other out and when we’re away they both look after the house the neighbours on one side we knew them when they were at school we live in a cul de sac and we take things in for the neighbours across the street also

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    Our neighbours on one side are great, a young couple with two kids but they treat us like family, we regularly go round for a meal and drinks and get invited to all of their family's occasions, parties, weddings, birthdays, christenings and the odd funeral, our neighbours on the other side are takers not givers but apart from that they are OK, better the devil you know because at least they don't give problems, we all take deliveries for each other

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Now that the house attached to us ( semi ) has sold to a normal person instead of the HMO room by room let it was before it`s great.

The other side might be fun and games soon, it`s just sold, the present owner Beryl needs a bungalow because her arthritis is getting a lot worse.

I saw the new people at weekend when they came to measure the drive ready for having it resurfaced.

He didn`t say hello but just gestured at our motorhome and said .................. i hope that bloody thing isn`t parked there all the time.

It`s parked at the side of our house which is in between us and behind gates, you hardly notice it from the road unless you look up the drive.

There is actually a covenant in the deeds that says no vehicles behind the house line or in front of it ( or words to that effect ) but no one takes any notice of it.

Something like this happened to a friend of ours a few years back and they ended up having to put their motorhome into storage.

40 years ( all their married life ) they`d lived there and it ultimately ended up with them moving so they could have their motorhome back at home.
    Seriously who would say that "hope that not parked there all the time" .....I hope for your sake he's not going to be a complete t@&"t, but it's not sounding hopeful 😰....kill him with kindness from the off

As a family we take up four spaces with our two cars, van and sons car. The road is already limited for parking spaces but I can generally find a space when needed. The van is parked in prime position so I can see it from my window and could hear the alarm. When going anywhere it's like a military operation moving and shuffling cars around do we get the same parking spaced for when we return 😂... it must drive the neighbours mad and I do feel bad but needs must
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Starspirit
    I'm incredibly lucky to have fabulous neighbours.
    just ask yours, worst case they shut the door in your face, best case, your neighbourly relationship gets better
    Likes Justjack liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information