Thread: Love thy neighbour :)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Great neighbours and I would ask them.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Now that the house attached to us ( semi ) has sold to a normal person instead of the HMO room by room let it was before it`s great.

The other side might be fun and games soon, it`s just sold, the present owner Beryl needs a bungalow because her arthritis is getting a lot worse.

I saw the new people at weekend when they came to measure the drive ready for having it resurfaced.

He didn`t say hello but just gestured at our motorhome and said .................. i hope that bloody thing isn`t parked there all the time.

It`s parked at the side of our house which is in between us and behind gates, you hardly notice it from the road unless you look up the drive.

There is actually a covenant in the deeds that says no vehicles behind the house line or in front of it ( or words to that effect ) but no one takes any notice of it.

Something like this happened to a friend of ours a few years back and they ended up having to put their motorhome into storage.

40 years ( all their married life ) they`d lived there and it ultimately ended up with them moving so they could have their motorhome back at home.
    I know a guy, his company said you take a company van home and every day you have to be on site, wherever it is at your start time. Yes his neighbor said to him on the first evening, your not parking that thing on your driveway every night !

Yes he rented a parking space a few streets away to keep the peace with his neighbor and keep his work happy.
    Last edited by harrow; 11-03-2019 at 07:15. Reason: added

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Now that the house attached to us ( semi ) has sold to a normal person instead of the HMO room by room let it was before it`s great.

The other side might be fun and games soon, it`s just sold, the present owner Beryl needs a bungalow because her arthritis is getting a lot worse.

I saw the new people at weekend when they came to measure the drive ready for having it resurfaced.

He didn`t say hello but just gestured at our motorhome and said .................. i hope that bloody thing isn`t parked there all the time.

It`s parked at the side of our house which is in between us and behind gates, you hardly notice it from the road unless you look up the drive.

There is actually a covenant in the deeds that says no vehicles behind the house line or in front of it ( or words to that effect ) but no one takes any notice of it.

Something like this happened to a friend of ours a few years back and they ended up having to put their motorhome into storage.

40 years ( all their married life ) they`d lived there and it ultimately ended up with them moving so they could have their motorhome back at home.
    Over the years, we have looked at a few bungalows as we would like one and we have approached neighbours of the prospective bungalows.
    We have yet to find one where the neighbours would be happy and the parking suits us.
    We are lucky with excellent neighbours, plenty of hard standing parking where we are, and would never have a van if I could not park on our own property as I often tinker or open it up to get fresh air. I could not do this if away from our home.
    Regarding covenants, I think most new estates have one and you would be surprised what could be on them, including sheds and front boundaries. Not many are 100% conformed to, so even if a M/H infringes the covenant, maybe the next door is infringing in other ways

edit.
    I understand that a covenant can be enforced by any new neighbour moving in, even years later, and also anybody with any interest even living in neighbouring streets
    Last edited by grath; 11-03-2019 at 08:11.
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Someone would have to be prepared to put in a lot of effort in order to enforce a covenant, and after 25 years they become virtually void anyway if they have been breached without complaint Can Covenant Be Enforced | Enforcing Covenants
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cv View Post
    Someone would have to be prepared to put in a lot of effort in order to enforce a covenant, and after 25 years they become virtually void anyway if they have been breached without complaint Can Covenant Be Enforced | Enforcing Covenants
    I doubt many of us have placed a M/H on our property for over 25 years

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    The house were we live now has masses of hard standing parking thanks to me spending thousands of `s several years back on pattern imprinted concrete.

I can comfortably park the motorhome, a trailer ( round the back ) and i can get easily get 5 cars on the front without having to park any out on the road.

It is primarily that reason that has stopped us moving in the past and will continue to do so at present.

We`ll see what this new neighbour turns into but it`s not looking good if he greeted me with that statement over the weekend.

It`ll be 38 years on Good Friday since we moved in here.

Similar to us, we have lots of hard standing and yes, it did cost, luckily we have excellent immediate neighbours, and all in the culdesac are good!
    Maybe the guy was having a bad day, but if not, would your other neighbours back you up.
    He would not be popular would he?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    I doubt many of us have placed a M/H on our property for over 25 years
    Many breaches of covenant do occur for over 25 years, most commonly Id say is the erection of external tv aerials on houses from the 70s to 90s which often have such a covenant.
    Whilst motorhomes were not nearly so common 25 years ago, certainly many have kept caravans for over that time in breach of covenant. I would imagine that changing from a caravan to a motor caravan during the period would be counted as a continuous breach if a case were to be fought.
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Many breaches of covenant do occur for over 25 years, most commonly I’d say is the erection of external tv aerials on houses from the 70s to 90s which often have such a covenant.
    Whilst motorhomes were not nearly so common 25 years ago, certainly many have kept caravans for over that time in breach of covenant. I would imagine that changing from a caravan to a motor caravan during the period would be counted as a continuous breach if a case were to be fought.
    Yes, I agree about a caravan and a M/H continuing the breach. Front hedges and sheds are another
    Usually a covenant will state something like any house on wheels. not mentioning caravan or M/H.
    I wonder if anybody else in the area has had a caravan on the ground for over 25 years and would this set a president

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Yes, I agree about a caravan and a M/H continuing the breach. Front hedges and sheds are another
    Usually a covenant will state something like any house on wheels. not mentioning caravan or M/H.
    I wonder if anybody else in the area has had a caravan on the ground for over 25 years and would this set a president
    Yes, that would be a great trump card.
    2CV
    Likes REC, mariesnowgoose, Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    Yes, that would be a great trump card.
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information