CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wickes logic

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper winchcombe sprinter b

Wickes logic

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Last week I ordered a door from wickes as it is a size the don’t keep in store. As my work doesn’t have a set start or finish time, I paid extra for Saturday delivery, got a text Friday night telling me delivery would be between 7am and 12.
    But the door didn’t arrive, so yesterday I phoned them and arranged for it to be delivered next Saturday, luckily I haven’t started work yet today as the door arrived today,
    But on unwrapping it I found it to be damaged, but luckily it is going on a cupboard so the worst damage will be on the inside and the other damage I can repair.
    So I phoned them and they offered £7 compansation for the damage or they would replace the door, I said give me 50% off the door and I will keep it, they wouldn’t budge so I said just send me a new door and collect the other door.
    They then asked if i would be able to dispose of the damaged door as it wasn’t worth while for them to pay for it to be collected.
    Me.. well if you don’t want the door back then why don’t you just let me pay you half price for it, that way you don’t have to supply a new door and pay for it to be delivered ?
    Wickes.. the most we can refund is £7 not 50%
    I just feel like I have been banging my head against a wall
    Last edited by 2cv; 12-03-2019 at 10:49.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    [...]

Just noticed stupid autocorrect has changed title to wicked instead of wickes
    Thankfully, the autocorrected title is still appropriate!

FWIW, I've never had issues with Wickes, but then I normally get stuff delivered to my local store so that I can collect at my convenience.

You could get the new door delivered (on a Saturday, because that's what you originally paid for and they're not paying you for missing a day's work); repair and fit the old door; then sell the replacement for a lot more than 7% !
    Likes helen262, winks, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Crazy.... the world's gone mad.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Last week I ordered a door from wickes as it is a size the donít keep in store. As my work doesnít have a set start or finish time, I paid extra for Saturday delivery, got a text Friday night telling me delivery would be between 7am and 12.
    But the door didnít arrive, so yesterday I phoned them and arranged for it to be delivered next Saturday, luckily I havenít started work yet today as the door arrived today,
    But on unwrapping it I found it to be damaged, but luckily it is going on a cupboard so the worst damage will be on the inside and the other damage I can repair.
    So I phoned them and they offered £7 compansation for the damage or they would replace the door, I said give me 50% off the door and I will keep it, they wouldnít budge so I said just send me a new door and collect the other door.
    They then asked if i would be able to dispose of the damaged door as it wasnít worth while for them to pay for it to be collected.
    Me.. well if you donít want the door back then why donít you just let me pay you half price for it, that way you donít have to supply a new door and pay for it to be delivered ?
    As one door opens , another slams in your face .

How about a full refund and dispose of the door for them, wink , wink,
    My level of sarcasim depends on your level of stupidity
    Likes shortcircuit, helen262 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Last week I ordered a door from wickes as it is a size the donít keep in store. As my work doesnít have a set start or finish time, I paid extra for Saturday delivery, got a text Friday night telling me delivery would be between 7am and 12.
    But the door didnít arrive, so yesterday I phoned them and arranged for it to be delivered next Saturday, luckily I havenít started work yet today as the door arrived today,
    So I phoned them and they offered £7 compansation for the damage or they would replace the door, I said give me 50% off the door and I will keep it, they wouldnít budge so I said just send me a new door and collect the other door.
    They then asked if i would be able to dispose of the damaged door as it wasnít worth while for them to pay for it to be collected.
    Me.. well if you donít want the door back then why donít you just let me pay you half price for it, that way you donít have to supply a new door and pay for it to be delivered ?
    I had a problem with Wicks Bark Chippings.
    I had about £90 worth and the colour did not match the existing stuff I had previously laid down.
    The store were no help at all, they just said return and we will refund!
    So I emailed the Chief Executive (MD) and he passed it down the line to his PA.
    I supplied proof and was given a full refund, a £50 credit note and I was able to keep the all £90 worth.
    I was well happy!
    I suggest you find the Chief Exec email and contact him.
    You will need to supply proof!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!
    Likes helen262, mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks helen262 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    We have just ordered a kitchen from Wickes, because we bought more than five units we were offered 50% off. The offer was time limited and we missed the deadline, two days after the deadline I received an email offering a further 10% off making the discount 60% .
    Off we go to Wickes and enquired are we still eligible for the original 50% + the further 10%. "Of course sir" was the reply. I then offered my Trade Pro card which is a further 10% off. "Unfortunately sir you cannot have trade discount and the 10% off". I said that's a deal breaker for me and I will cancel my order and go to B&Q (as if)! "Let me make a phone call sir" says the sales guy. I stood up and started to put my coat on. "We are happy to let you have the total 70% off sir".
    Happy days.

I would do what Rockape suggests.
    Last edited by izwozral; 12-03-2019 at 11:43.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Computer says no

When I got the Fridge for my Camper delivered it had a damaged door and a small dent. Supplier sent a new Fridge and asked me to dispose of the old one (this was a £180 Fridge!).
    Similar thing a couple of years earlier - Coolbox delivered and too noisy so called them to arrange collection and refund. Company asked me to break the lid off and send them a photo of the broken door for a refund and then throw it away. Weird request so 'broke' it in a non-broken way just in case they turned round and claimed it was my fault. Got refund, 'repaired' door and sold it on as a known-noisy coolbox for half the cost.
    Some company have weird rules.

(best result I had was with a ceiling lamp from John Lewis - bought in clearence sale for around £60 instead of £180 original price. There was a bit of a design fault due to the weight and way cables secured so it failed after a couple of weeks. John Lewis sent out an electrician to refit (at their cost); then another one (at their cost) when same thing happened a week later; and when he confirmed it was not fixable they gave me a refund for the original amount. This clearance bargain must have cost them around £300 I reckon!)
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper winchcombe sprinter b
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    As one door opens , another slams in your face .

How about a full refund and dispose of the door for them, wink , wink,
    The only way they will do a full refund is if they collect the door or I take it to a store, total madness

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Maybe the profit margin on the door with delivery is enough to write off a door but more than discounting by 50%.
    More than likely.
    Last edited by wildebus; 12-03-2019 at 17:48.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    I had a problem with Wicks Bark Chippings.
    I had about £90 worth and the colour did not match the existing stuff I had previously laid down.
    The store were no help at all, they just said return and we will refund!
    So I emailed the Chief Executive (MD) and he passed it down the line to his PA.
    I supplied proof and was given a full refund, a £50 credit note and I was able to keep the all £90 worth.
    I was well happy!
    I suggest you find the Chief Exec email and contact him.
    You will need to supply proof!
    I think you missed this
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information