CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People of Warwickshire take note

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

People of Warwickshire take note

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The NHS trust in Warwickshire have just played a blinder. After several years of successful Blood bikes at NO COST to the Nhs, the trust has decided to award a private company based in the North East a financial contract which will cost the trust £700000 THe company that has won the contract is ultimately owned by a north East Nhs Trust so wooden dollars involved, The bikers weren't given the opportunity to tender

Attached the press release at first I though an April fools joke sadly it isn't

the world has gone mad

PRESS RELEASE | wsbb

Channa
    Thanks 2cv, Boots, mariesnowgoose, Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    The lunatic responsible should be sacked. The pity is these sort of things are no longer surprising and nobody will be held responsible.
    Likes channa, delicagirl, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago C-Line 4.9
    Seems odd on the face of it, would like to hear an explanation as to why before making judgement. At my time in life Iíve learned to listen to both sides before jumping in.
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    The NHS trust in Warwickshire have just played a blinder. After several years of successful Blood bikes at NO COST to the Nhs, the trust has decided to award a private company based in the North East a financial contract which will cost the trust £700000 THe company that has won the contract is ultimately owned by a north East Nhs Trust so wooden dollars involved, The bikers weren't given the opportunity to tender

Attached the press release at first I though an April fools joke sadly it isn't

the world has gone mad

PRESS RELEASE | wsbb

Channa
    It's a terrible shame, it's not one sided I am sure the riders enjoyed doing the work.

As I have seen at times the NHS has money to burn.

Lets hope the new contract will be reviewed soon and the volunteers will not be put off doing the work in future.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    I can't imagine anything underhand could possibly have been done with a £14million contract at stake. Some amount of work it would seem outside the remit of the blood riders excluded them from tendering. ITV, BBC are showing interest in the story.
    Last edited by Fazerloz; 02-04-2019 at 09:01.
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

to late

Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    I can't imagine anything underhand could possibly have been done with a £14million contract at stake. Some amount of work it would seem outside the remit of the blood riders excluded them from tendering. ITV, BBC are showing interest in the story.
    to late the gorgers seem to have got the contract, what did you say, full pockets, ok pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Mainstream media have latched on the last couple of days

I have a simple question to the trustees remembering there is no concern with current Provision

How do you justify costing the trust an estimated £700 k when existing provision is efficient and free of charge ?

I wonder how many additional nurses , Operations could be undertaken for £700, 000 ? Is the NHS trust in Warwickshire really serving its patients in the best way ? Are they using budget responsibly

THe lunatics are now in control of the asylum

Channa
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Alf liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes ian1950 liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Replicate that last post all over the country, and across all NHS trusts, and you will see the same pattern repeated over and over...
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes ian1950, Alf liked this post

r4dent is offline Mostly Harmless
    Name: Pete
    Spouse: Liza

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach
    I was a Blood Biker up in the North West, and as well as proving emergency support we also provided a daily transport (9pm 365 days a year) for routine blood samples from a hospital without a path lab to the nearest lab. One evening I was collecting the waiting samples when a nurse came in with a blood sample. "I'll take that" I said, "It isn't for you", said the Nurse, "This is an emergency sample so I've booked a taxi for 9 o'clock, It's going to the same path lab but we need it there asap. But you can't take it because I've asked for a Taxi!".

So I set off with the routine samples and left the urgent one behind.
    I got to the path lab, let them know that an urgent sample was due soon and had a brew.
    It turned up 10 minutes later.

I raised this at a BB meeting. We found out that the hospital was using BB for routine jobs to save money but getting Taxis in for urgent stuff! We investigated a little further and found that we had never had a "Blue light" run for that particular hospital and 3 others. These hospitals refused to change their policy of BB for regular and non urgent work, Taxis for emergency. Their justification was that Taxis offered a 24hr service (but admitted that at busy times there would be delays), whereas we only had volunteers and might not be available. We have controllers and riders on call 24/365, on one occasion (at starting at 2am) we had to organise blood deliveries from 5 different locations for a critically ill patient with a rare blood type. We managed. We used 5 different bikers under the direction of a single controller.

I joined to help save lives not be delivery driver so I, and several others, withdrew support for hospitals using us in that way.

The NHS often claims under funding and I'm sure this happens. The problem is that bad decisions, often by relatively low level management with blinkered viewpoints, costs them a lot of money and gets bad publicity.

I hope WSBB continue the good work supporting other areas of the NHS where they are needed.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    Likes toasty, channa, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information