CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Audible - HG Wells collection

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build

Audible - HG Wells collection

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Just a quick FYI. Audible has just released a 5 story HG Wells collection, unabridged. Narrated by David Tennant, Hugh Bonneville, etc. Looks like it might be good if you like that kind of thing.

Have to say I'm loving some of the sci-fi classics on audible at the moment, kraken wakes, day of the triffids, war of the worlds, though I think you have to try the samples first as the quality of the narrators can be a little varied.
    Thanks Edina, mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw crafter self build
    Every time I listen to audio stories I keep thinking of the 70s tv series Harvest Home.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hextal View Post
    Just a quick FYI. Audible has just released a 5 story HG Wells collection, unabridged. Narrated by David Tennant, Hugh Bonneville, etc. Looks like it might be good if you like that kind of thing.

Have to say I'm loving some of the sci-fi classics on audible at the moment, kraken wakes, day of the triffids, war of the worlds, though I think you have to try the samples first as the quality of the narrators can be a little varied.
    Funnily enough, just a week ago I bought the 4-Book HG Wells collection from Audible. Not listened to it yet.

It you like Classic Sci-Fi, you should try some of the OTR (Old Time Radio) Stations where you can listen to 30 minutes radio adaptations of mostly 1950s Short Stories from the likes of Ray Bradbury.
    My Favourite station is AM1710 Antioch - They have the full Dimension X series, X Minus One, 2000 Plus, and some others, as well as loads of other OTR genres. (I listen to OTR rather than music radio).
    These are all in the Public Domain now so can be obtained totally legally at no cost.
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Talking Ray Bradbury, this story is one of his best short stories I think - Zero Hour (listen here - Audio: SUSPENSE: Ray Bradbury’s “Zero Hour”! | Ghost Radio)
    This 20 minute long short story was also made into a 13 part TV series called "The Whispers" (but the original Radio Production from the 1950s was much better I reckon)
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone
    Likes REC liked this post

Thread Information