CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Dogs

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I love dogs, but potentially in the wrong hands they are all dangerous.
    The problem is defining what breed a wildcamper is.
    ?

Member Number
    In no relation to this, or any other, case, but:

Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Of course I did but I wasn’t left alone at home when my parents went partying.
    I'm curious as to why what the parents are doing makes any difference to how safe the child is (and that's what actually matters in law) when left at home alone.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    I love dogs too, but am still wary of the larger bull breeds. I'm not suggesting that they are more likely to attack me or my dog, but if they do the danger from a large, powerful dog is much greater than if a grumpy, yappy little Yorkshire Terrier decides to snap at my ankles.

My mini poodle Eric was attacked by an English Bull Terrier in Poland, it came out of nowhere and was upon him in a split second, his whole head in its jaws. I'll never forget his squeals. I pinned the thing down with my knee on its neck and punched it repeatedly. I remember thinking that it was going to kill Eric and then turn on me, and I had nothing with which to fight it off except my fists. The dog eventually gave up and slunk off, I think it was an older one otherwise we'd have been in serious trouble. I swore I'd never be in that position again so now always go suitably equipped when walking the dogs, usually a screwdriver or a stubby claw hammer in my pocket. I hear that in some breeds their jaws lock and it is almost impossible to get them to let go but I'm sure a Phillips number 2 rammed up the nearest available orifice would cause it to think twice.

Just to add to the discussion about people being left alone at 14 in the good old days, in this case the boy wasn't 14 but 9 and was left with a large bull breed with a history of aggressive behaviour. I hope someone goes to prison for a very long time for this. It's a shocking story.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    I love dogs too, but am still wary of the larger bull breeds. I'm not suggesting that they are more likely to attack me or my dog, but if they do the danger from a large, powerful dog is much greater than if a grumpy, yappy little Yorkshire Terrier decides to snap at my ankles.

My mini poodle Eric was attacked by an English Bull Terrier in Poland, it came out of nowhere and was upon him in a split second, his whole head in its jaws. I'll never forget his squeals. I pinned the thing down with my knee on its neck and punched it repeatedly. I remember thinking that it was going to kill Eric and then turn on me, and I had nothing with which to fight it off except my fists. The dog eventually gave up and slunk off, I think it was an older one otherwise we'd have been in serious trouble. I swore I'd never be in that position again so now always go suitably equipped when walking the dogs, usually a screwdriver or a stubby claw hammer in my pocket. I hear that in some breeds their jaws lock and it is almost impossible to get them to let go but I'm sure a Phillips number 2 rammed up the nearest available orifice would cause it to think twice.

Just to add to the discussion about people being left alone at 14 in the good old days, in this case the boy wasn't 14 but 9 and was left with a large bull breed with a history of aggressive behaviour. I hope someone goes to prison for a very long time for this. It's a shocking story.
    when I was 16 my parents got Bill a very enthusiastic strong as an ox Stafford before they became the rage and I would walk him before school each morning and often came across an old chap who had a jrt that jumped like it was on springs

The old bloke was an ex miner flat cap and broad Yorkshire accent and when we passed always said to his dog "give up tha daft bugger it could eat thee for breakfast "

THen one day without invitation he shared his wisdom

Nah Lad thas dog as some reight jaws on it, that woudnt want ta stick thy hands in there with them teeth flashing "

No I replied

" THa nows how to stop it feighting dunt tha "

Puzzled and not sure why he was convinced my dog wanted to fight every two seconds

He added

" tha needs to carry some snuff with thee lad

"Sprinkel the bugger with that and the bugger will have to let go to sneeze "

Blew his nose as if it were a symbolic suggestion and went on his way

Told my Mum she found it hilarious, funny thing is though his harebrained idea would probably work ?
    Channa
    Likes harrow, shaunr68, winks liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    if you put your hand in a staffy's mouth and squeeze its cheek ,you can feel the size of its jaw muscle- massive !
    when Portugal had its feral dog pack problem , i always carried a heavy stick, and would use it without hesitation when confronted,saved me a few times i reckon. every dog is a potential murder machine , that's why we've always had them , after all !
    i like dogs in general, and don't fear them , but i've been bitten a few times, mainly jack russels and alsatians , so i tend to see them as a bit unstable !
    people who humanise animals and interpret their actions as they would a person's , are making a dangerous mistake
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trevskoda, shaunr68, winks liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    The problem is defining what breed a wildcamper is.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    ?

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I have told my kids not to put there face down to there we cat,i have seen them take the face of people scaring them by doing so,easy to loose a eye,and a posty with his hands shreaded.
    People come before pets,caution at all times.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes shaunr68, witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    The problem is defining what breed a dog is.
    I don't see any need to define breeds in law,breeds aren't the problem,people are. I think more should be done to educate dog owners,far too many animals are brought as pets because they look cute,adorable,vicious or some celebrity owns one,with potential owners having zero experience of how to bring up a dog,or the potential consequences of getting it wrong. When a person turns up at a vet for their new puppies first vac,microchip etc,that is the perfect opportunity for the law to intervene,information on care,training etc should be provided,training classes recommended,it would save so much heartache for the dogs and owners if Fido ends up out of control.
    Funny old world how one dog attack stirs up more emotion than 20 (and counting) young people getting stabbed to death in London since Xmas...just an observation
    Sent From My Cheap Mobile Using Tapafatfinger.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    In no relation to this, or any other, case, but:

I'm curious as to why what the parents are doing makes any difference to how safe the child is (and that's what actually matters in law) when left at home alone.
    I was left at home when parents went shopping or coming home from school to an empty house or similar but never left at home while they went out all night or the like. There is a difference between trusting your kids and neglecting them. IMO.
    Likes wildebus, channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    I was left at home when parents went shopping or coming home from school to an empty house or similar but never left at home while they went out all night or the like. There is a difference between trusting your kids and neglecting them. IMO.
    If you are caught leaving kids alone they will be taken of you and put into care,FACT,dont understand how people treat this so flippant,never mind leaving them in a caravan with a dog they do not know/vice versa.
    Kids here have to be taken to school and received by a teacher until 14.
    Only dirty people wash

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information