Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Dogs

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    I was brought up by my gandparents.

I cycled to school at ages 11, 12 and 13. The school was 7 miles away and 500ft above where we lived. My grandparents were in their 50s and 60s. Were they supposed to cycle with me?

Most of these school regulations are tosh and nonsense for any sensible kids.
    Same here but you must remember we were made of better stuff,fact is things change and kids have better protection than we did,remember the caine and the sally rod,none of that now.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    There were no canes in my schools in the 50s/60s. You must have been tougher over in NI. What's a sally rod?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    There were no canes in my schools in the 50s/60s. You must have been tougher over in NI. What's a sally rod?
    I thought caning was everywhere,I certainly got it at high school,primary was a strap over the hand,got plenty of that too.
    Sent From My Cheap Mobile Using Tapafatfinger.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    we had canes aplenty , but in primary , we had sadists. one horrible cow would stand you in front of the class and repeatedly poke you in the back , in exactly the same place, with a finger like a railroad spike. the bruise would last for weeks
    but you can't beat the Scottish tawse- proper nasty ,the split end closed on impact to give you a vicious pinch
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    we had canes aplenty , but in primary , we had sadists. one horrible cow would stand you in front of the class and repeatedly poke you in the back , in exactly the same place, with a finger like a railroad spike. the bruise would last for weeks
    but you can't beat the Scottish tawse- proper nasty ,the split end closed on impact to give you a vicious pinch
    I had the cosh many a time at primary and high school. I remember getting 6 of the best from Mr Spencer, a 6 foot 4 inch rugby playing animal. That was for sneaking into the gym hall at lunch time and playing on the new trampoline. It certainly made you fear some teachers and I think it was a bad decision to ban the belt in Scottish schools. It taught you to fear and respect authority. Bring back the Lochgelly Tawse.
    Last edited by caledonia; 17-04-2019 at 18:05.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    That was for sneaking into the gym hall at lunch time and playing on the new trampoline.
    You would have been for the high jump for doing that here

We had the cane at the High School I went to, I only had it once myself and it was 'six of the best' on my open hand palms upwards, I wasn't as cheeky after that.

I had to travel to school on a bus which picked us up in the village and took us to school then brought us home after but if I had after-school activities or was kept in detention I had to catch two buses to get home, one from the school to Barnsley Bus Station and another from there to home, this was from 12yrs old and to be honest it helped you grow up and take care of yourself, I never felt at risk
    Likes caledonia liked this post

Member Number
    I think canning had just stopped when I was at school but I can remember getting whacked with a plimsoll.

I was told some catholic schools were staffed by sadists

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    I think canning had just stopped when I was at school but I can remember getting whacked with a plimsoll.

I was told some catholic schools were staffed by sadists
    I suspect "sadists" were not the most dangerous category when it comes to religious schools.
    Likes channa, trevskoda, harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    our headmaster looked like Capt Mainwaring, would make us bend over and grip our ankles , while he rummaged in his cane cupboard [which held quite a collection !]. once he'd picked his weapon ,he'd run the lengthof his office and hit us as hard as he could . 6 of these hurt !
    i grew up detesting authority and the little hitlers that wield it , and became better at not being caught, eventually at 13 or so feeling man enough to refuse punishment
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    The only thing I recall from science class was that canes remain supple when standing in a pot of linseed oil,I'd get sent into the supply room to choose the weapon and take several minutes going through them to find the thickest,hardest one I could find...still hurt! I bled more than once from canes flicking around and catching me on the thigh.
    Sent From My Cheap Mobile Using Tapafatfinger.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information