CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notre Dame - hopeful post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamandjayne View Post
    my thoughts are for the poor hunchback who is now unemployed and homeless!!!
    i can't remember his name - none of my wife's suggestions ring a bell
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Likes n brown, trevskoda, mark61, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by oppy View Post
    Brought up as a Catholic I realise that these sites are of great significance, but--------------------- The Roman Catholic Church is one of the richest organisations in the world, so why do they need donations?? As a faith, it is built on the back of the poor and impoverished of the world who feel that it is their duty to do all that they can for the ' Holy Mother' church and they do until it hurts. We have some dear friends in the village of Ledesma in central Spain close to Salamanca. They have a wonderful old church but it needs much work doing to it. We were privileged to be taken around the part of the church that holds all the gifts and treasures, and we were astounded. There must have been 10s of thousands of euro's worth of gold and silver items in there and when I asked why these could not be sold to pay for the work, I was told that these were gifts to God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this, and others, are built to the glory of God, why oh why cannot the gifts be used for this work
    In my Bible it says that " It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

I am a Christian, but no longer a Catholic
    But then again the bible was made up by the romans to control the jews and roman people.but what you say is correct as observed.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Latest news 20.00pm today is that it was an electrical short circuit. I guess they found burned cables

Alf

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Anyone who has ever been around the Vatican Museum would agree about the need for donations. I was totally appalled by how much wealth they own.
    And that's only the wealth you can publicly see!!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Latest news 20.00pm today is that it was an electrical short circuit. I guess they found burned cables

Alf
    those mediaeval electricians were rubbish
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Alf, yorkslass liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

Gone!

From the Field Ecologist:

"Gone!
    Yesterday tragedy struct as Notre-Dame burnt down. At the same time the last female Yangtze Softshell Turtle died.
    Within 24hrs over Ä600million has been pledged to rebuild an icon of imagined reality yet the extinction of another species has gone with barely an acknowledgement let alone the pledge of millions of Euros to halt or at least slow the current mass extinction event.
    We place a ridiculously skewed value on objects that are far from essential to our (Humans) survival yet watch as ecosystems rapidly degrade to the point of collapse - at what cost to humanity?
    I value both our cultural and natural history but itís essential to remember and value planetary integrity over symbolism."

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes channa, Alf, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    From the Field Ecologist:

"Gone!
    Yesterday tragedy struct as Notre-Dame burnt down. At the same time the last female Yangtze Softshell Turtle died.
    Within 24hrs over Ä600million has been pledged to rebuild an icon of imagined reality yet the extinction of another species has gone with barely an acknowledgement let alone the pledge of millions of Euros to halt or at least slow the current mass extinction event.
    We place a ridiculously skewed value on objects that are far from essential to our (Humans) survival yet watch as ecosystems rapidly degrade to the point of collapse - at what cost to humanity?
    I value both our cultural and natural history but itís essential to remember and value planetary integrity over symbolism."

I find it all quite depressing, sad as events are a very wealthy organisation leeching off those less well off.

The extinction of a species whom we share the planet with and folk seem to have no guilt because it doesn't appear to directly affect them . The reality is it does scientific evidence has already proved one missing link from the eco system has repurcussions.

Regarding the money flouted about, it seems Immoral we are spending on buildings and the like when there are homeless people, children in parts of the world that with a couple of pounds can be afforded clean drinking water, treated for disease like malaria, and blindness.

There seems no logical rhyme nor reason

Today of all days is the most religious day in the Christian calendar Jesus once said "forgive them for they know not what they do " The reality is we are all aware but heads in the sand like an ostrich
    Channa
    Likes mariesnowgoose, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Often misquoted .....Money is the root of all evil, ....when the correct quote is
    The love of money is the root of all evil.

A big difference and says a lot about the world....and not just today....nothing much has changed.
    Likes channa, roamingman, mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Least the bees in the hives on the roof appear to have survived....

Notre Dame's 200,000 bees kept on roof survived devastating fire | Metro News
    Likes mariesnowgoose, channa, yorkslass liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information