CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame - hopeful post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger

Notre Dame - hopeful post

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    just looking at this , interesting if accurate , the damage may not be as bad as it looks

A chronological breakdown of the Notre-Dame fire - Album on Imgur , and looking at the burnt roof , it certainly looks like the fire , though spectacular , was confined to the timbers above the vaulting .
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Listening to a chap on the news tonight, I think he was co ordinator of the repairs at York Minster, he reckoned the damage to Notra Dame was much worse.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Reported tonight.

Fire Alarm went off at 18.20pm the cathedral security went to the wrong area and found no fire.
    Fire Alarm went off again 23 minutes later at 18.43pm when they attended this time the fire was well established.

What a shame they missed the first alarm 23 minutes could have saved the day,

Alf
    Last edited by Alf; 18-04-2019 at 08:34.
    Likes time4t, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Brought up as a Catholic I realise that these sites are of great significance, but--------------------- The Roman Catholic Church is one of the richest organisations in the world, so why do they need donations?? As a faith, it is built on the back of the poor and impoverished of the world who feel that it is their duty to do all that they can for the ' Holy Mother' church and they do until it hurts. We have some dear friends in the village of Ledesma in central Spain close to Salamanca. They have a wonderful old church but it needs much work doing to it. We were privileged to be taken around the part of the church that holds all the gifts and treasures, and we were astounded. There must have been 10s of thousands of euro's worth of gold and silver items in there and when I asked why these could not be sold to pay for the work, I was told that these were gifts to God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this, and others, are built to the glory of God, why oh why cannot the gifts be used for this work
    In my Bible it says that " It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

I am a Christian, but no longer a Catholic
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Anyone who has ever been around the Vatican Museum would agree about the need for donations. I was totally appalled by how much wealth they own.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Having been brought up a Catholic but no longer practice, I know there is so much wrong with the organisation. However the cathedral is so much part of French history letís hope it gets restored soon.
    Likes Wully, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Having been brought up a Catholic but no longer practice, I know there is so much wrong with the organisation. However the cathedral is so much part of French history letís hope it gets restored soon.
    My thoughts, a Socially historic and important building, As for the organisation that operates it, they have money so no need for the begging cap, And I for one will not contribute to any organisation that attempt to cover Paedophilic activities irrespective of the church's denomination

Channa
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    fire investigators looking through the debris for clues and priceless artifacts have found a small metal box. upon opening it they discovered a cheese sandwich and 2 biscuits.

yes, it was the famed lunchbox of Notre Dame
    too blessed to be stressed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    The rose windows have survived
    =^..^=

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autocruise star spirit

poor bugger

my thoughts are for the poor hunchback who is now unemployed and homeless!!!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information