CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free speech ? - on it way out...... ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    On the subject of big brother stuff watch this to the end very scary stuff. I used his method using the word canoe wit my iPhone near and had pop ups for companyís selling canoes within twelve hours. Iím not usually into conspiracy theories but this actually is happening.
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes trevskoda, 2cv, time4t liked this post
    Thanks 2cv, RoadTrek Boy, RoaminRog thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    PC has gone mad in general, but this joke was not appropriate in these times on an open platform (ie not in a comedy club where we choose to pay to go).
    Being honest I didn't see what the fuss was about . I'm either very naive or very stupid [this is not a poll !] . Suppose I get it now . Don't know the guy but rather suspect he was being naive

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    You just have to ask yourself the question, if you saw him Somewhere and he said it to you about your family would you smack him in the mouth? I think the answer is yes and he used his position to make a needless joke about someone who couldnít respond.

So yes I am glad he was sacked for it, people in those positions should set a good example. I donít think itís anything to do with being pc (which I am not) itís just good manners, or the lack of them
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes hairydog, time4t, trixie88, oppy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Somebody saying or doing something offensive is not necessarily a reason for being offended.

This the point Steve Hughes is making in the video and it's an important point.

I happen to think that Danny Baker was a prat for that tweet, but the World is full of prats, including me and fellow members here
    on occasions.

However I feel that this particular story is going to run for a while.

Dezi
    Likes trevskoda, RoadTrek Boy, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    i didn't find it offensive , tasteless maybe , but it does show the bloke must be pretty stupid or arrogant to think he could get away with this tweet in the current climate
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    Somebody saying or doing something offensive is not necessarily a reason for being offended.

This the point Steve Hughes is making in the video and it's an important point.

I happen to think that Danny Baker was a prat for that tweet, but the World is full of prats, including me and fellow members here
    on occasions.

However I feel that this particular story is going to run for a while.

Dezi
    Theres my name springing up again,PRAT,see always back to the irish,am i offended,NOOOOO.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Quote Originally Posted by Wully View Post
    On the subject of big brother stuff watch this to the end very scary stuff. I used his method using the word canoe wit my iPhone near and had pop ups for companyís selling canoes within twelve hours. Iím not usually into conspiracy theories but this actually is happening.
    Thatís an amazing video, the location services bit gives very detailed info about your movements, even a year ago.
    2CV
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    It's not so much being offended, as not accepting racism (as this clearly is) and calling it out as such.
    There is a long history of black people being compared to animals, one example manifesting in modern times at football matches with monkey chants and throwing of bananas at black players. If you think that is OK,there is clearly something wrong with you.
    A thread was pulled earlier today on Motorhome Fun where one cretin saw nothing wrong with the Danny Baker twitter comment as he himself thought black people looked like chimps. F.F.S.
    Likes John H, colinmd, time4t, barryd, Justjack liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    Danny Baker posts an offensive tweet and all h*ll breaks loose ...

... meanwhile in Australia, news presenters and chat show hosts refer to the "royal ranger" (pronounced rang - er, and implictly likens ginger hair to orangutans) with impunity.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    There is and always will be things said which folk take as offensive even jokingly,colour creed ,ginger hair,religion,size,irish scotch welsh english,so should we get all worked up over these things,NO,its life and being going on since time begain.
    I do get the point about being offensive but people do say things at times without thinking,dont mean it was deliberate.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa, delicagirl liked this post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information