CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Free speech ? - on it way out...... ?

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 309D Westfalia James Cook
    Thank gawd my grandfather is no longer alive, he would never have coped with the PC world, he would come out with some choice totally outrageous gems "Not another bloody mouth to feed" on Prince William's birth. "one down, now another 10,000 to go" on hearing about Princess Diana dying. Only ever referred to Prince Phillip as Phil the Greek and Prince Charles as "wingnut". On Mountbatten's killing, "they should have got the lot of them by blowing up the House of Lords". The list went.
    To cap it all off, he lived in Epsom and once a year his road was closed so "some silly bitch wearing a crown" could drive down his road. I was dreading the day he would throw himself at the royal Bentley.
    He had a hatred of the royals that I can only explain by his time serving under a bunch of foppish lords and knights in the First World War who sent so many of his friends to early deaths.
    I'm sure he would be having every arm of law enforcement visiting him nowadays.
    Mind you I'm not much better having been caught out calling the Sydney gay and lesbian mardi gras as "poofters on parade" and a transgender man as "too ugly to be a woman".
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed always by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." - attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, (October 15, 1747 - January 5, 1813) a Scottish-born British lawyer and writer.
    Likes helmit liked this post

Member Number

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    bring back Spitting Image !!!!!!

Member Number
    I wasn't aware that any chimpanzee had been offended by the cartoon, but the truth is that they are closely related to the Sussexes (and indeed the rest of us humans) whether they like it or not.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 400 Peugeot Boxer 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatsmith View Post
    I wasn't aware that any chimpanzee had been offended by the cartoon, but the truth is that they are closely related to the Sussexes (and indeed the rest of us humans) whether they like it or not.
    Chimpanzees are one of the great apes - although it will probably come as a surprise to Danny Baker and his chums on the terraces that they are not monkeys
    George Best: "I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Silly Baker, massive mistake to make. Should he have been sacked, why not, people who make mistakes get the sack. Is he racist? Don’t think so. Was his Tweet racist? Depends on context. I don’t believe for one minute he intended it to be. He maintains it was a class joke, yet to see any reason not to believe him.
    Last edited by mark61; 14-05-2019 at 22:13.
    Likes landoboguy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    This type of thing winds me up.
    Everything said that someone disagrees with is not always offensive. This s the problem with information shared in seconds around the world EVERYONE has an opinion, 30 years ago it would be in 1 rag and forgot about..
    I guarantee there is not 1 person on this forum who has never said something that someone else finds offensive, and the word "offensive" is subjective.

I have a friend who who is black, and we call him black Ste, hes (black and his names Stephen, funnily enough )can i call him black btw, coloured was acceptable not long ago,now I think we are back to black being acceptable, god knows Im sure someone will keep me in the loop what I should say..... anyway I digress......

In the pub at the bar, my mate shouts me to ask "black ste" what hes having, a girl aged about 20 with blonde hair, pierced and tattooed asked me why I didnt call my friend out for calling Ste Black Ste.

I wont go into the whole debate we had about her and us, but simply pointed out that our other friend 2 seats down in white ste, so which one does she want to represent in her assumed position of racist chatter controller. Black Ste being offensive, or when it was my round is she gong to represent White Ste. And she , in the end agreed it was no different to her friends called her you know" steph" the girl with the tatoos and piercings"

If everyone, just tried that little bit harder to ignore/understand/and make and effort to get on instead of fight (because someone else says its wrong) , there would be a lot less aggro around the whole world.

The main person who has reason to respond is the person who the perceived comments are being aimed at ( Megan, William etc) , anyone else should keep their black/white/yellow/brown or whatever nose out.
    But I do agree, in his position he should realise where he is throwing his stones and some windows are gonna get broken whether he means to or not.

Love all
    Last edited by landoboguy; 17-05-2019 at 20:47.
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !
    Likes delicagirl, maingate, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Not sure

DG please remove this post ASAP

OR I WILL SEND THE THOUGHT POLICE ROUND
    They are BIG BROTHER's enforcement agents !
    Likes delicagirl, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Here's one for the pc brigade, I was going to post Al Bowley's version but I though that Annie Lennox did a rather more pc (??) version
    YouTube
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information