CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Nice feeling to help.

  1. #1

    Member Number
    31644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    379
    Location
    east yorkshire
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert

    Nice feeling to help.



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Visiting a friend in hull l noticed a racing pidgeon amongst the so called flying rat variety in the garden,naively taking a picture l wonders if l could repatriate it with the owner,believe it or not about an later l caught it,it was people friendly and tired. After googling lost racing pigeons and giving the ring details l was speaking to the owner in gateshead,a couple of hours later he turned up to collect the bird,nice to help.

  2. #2

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,033
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    My cat just loves them.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes martinmartin, izwozral liked this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    6231
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Under utmost protest my neighbour when I lived in Doncaster had two racing birds take lodgings in his pigeon loft stuck out like sore thumbs amongst his tumblers

    Any way it was agreed take the birds to Bridlington and release and hopefully find there way home

    As to not making a spectacle of myself , rocked up in Fraisthorpe middle of nowhere to release aforementioned dick bods ...Stood like Mile Tyson let tem loose and they literally flew backwards such was the sea breeze ...Anyway a couple of circles and off they set back home

    Following morning peeked out the bedroom window and you guessed it both back cooing as if nowt had happened

    In the end collected by owners when we realised you could trace by the rings on their feet

    THeir home was the North East and blown off course or decided on a holiday who knows ...Bird brains aint that daft

    Channa
    Likes martinmartin, trevskoda liked this post

  4. #4

    Member Number
    49915
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,486
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Thatís a nice feel good story. One of my neighbours adopts x racing greyhounds heís got one we donít know if it win any races but when he told me itís name I donít think it did. Itís called (Trap 7)
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes martinmartin, trevskoda liked this post

  5. #5

    Member Number
    46812
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,402
    Location
    Peak District
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmartin View Post
    Visiting a friend in hull l noticed a racing pigeon amongst the so called flying rat variety in the garden,naively taking a picture l wonders if l could repatriate it with the owner,believe it or not about an later l caught it,it was people friendly and tired. After googling lost racing pigeons and giving the ring details l was speaking to the owner in gateshead,a couple of hours later he turned up to collect the bird,nice to help.
    A few years ago we had one too. Strangely it walked in through our front door. It was ok to be picked up, and I had a Channa moment------squab pie !! But no, senior management kicked in and noticed the ring and the number. I checked the number on the appropriate website and was directed to the racing pigeon club responsible. I emailed them giving the ring number and eventually the owner got back to me. Apparently this was a very young bird on its first race from France would you believe. It seems that there were strong winds and many birds had been blown off track on their way back to Durham. What should we do? just give it rice grains and a box outside above ground for a couple of days while it gets its breath back. What after that it is still here, well you've got a racing pigeon he said. I don't want one said I, do you have any recipes........................................... ..........A couple of days later the flying rat had gone and I didn't hear anything else, so where it ended up is anyone's guess
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic
    Likes martinmartin, trevskoda liked this post

  6. #6

    Member Number
    16509
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,081
    Location
    bristol
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    we had one turn up , the address and phone no. is usually stamped on the wing . the guy who answered said , frankly it's not a lot of use if it got lost , would i neck it ? i declined and let it go , it disappeared after a couple of days .
    too blessed to be stressed

  7. #7

    Member Number
    31644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    379
    Location
    east yorkshire
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    My cat just loves them.
    My dog trev likes cats and pigeons anything that moves,l kept him out of the way(Manchester terrier).
    Likes campervanannie, trevskoda liked this post

  8. #8

    Member Number
    31644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    379
    Location
    east yorkshire
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Under utmost protest my neighbour when I lived in Doncaster had two racing birds take lodgings in his pigeon loft stuck out like sore thumbs amongst his tumblers

    Any way it was agreed take the birds to Bridlington and release and hopefully find there way home

    As to not making a spectacle of myself , rocked up in Fraisthorpe middle of nowhere to release aforementioned dick bods ...Stood like Mile Tyson let tem loose and they literally flew backwards such was the sea breeze ...Anyway a couple of circles and off they set back home

    Following morning peeked out the bedroom window and you guessed it both back cooing as if nowt had happened

    In the end collected by owners when we realised you could trace by the rings on their feet

    THeir home was the North East and blown off course or decided on a holiday who knows ...Bird brains aint that daft

    Channa
    Stuck out like a sore thumb is exactly what I said to the owner on arrival. Yes tumblers look beautiful as though they fall backwards out of the sky.aparently this bird was released in Essex on Saturday, the owner owned about a hundred and l suppose he could of easily told me to just release it,but he cared for it.

  9. #9

    Member Number
    31644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    379
    Location
    east yorkshire
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by oppy View Post
    A few years ago we had one too. Strangely it walked in through our front door. It was ok to be picked up, and I had a Channa moment------squab pie !! But no, senior management kicked in and noticed the ring and the number. I checked the number on the appropriate website and was directed to the racing pigeon club responsible. I emailed them giving the ring number and eventually the owner got back to me. Apparently this was a very young bird on its first race from France would you believe. It seems that there were strong winds and many birds had been blown off track on their way back to Durham. What should we do? just give it rice grains and a box outside above ground for a couple of days while it gets its breath back. What after that it is still here, well you've got a racing pigeon he said. I don't want one said I, do you have any recipes........................................... ..........A couple of days later the flying rat had gone and I didn't hear anything else, so where it ended up is anyone's guess
    Homing pigeons saved many lives during the war oppy and lm sure your not a dick dastardly character
    Last edited by martinmartin; 10-05-2019 at 22:37.

  10. #10

    Member Number
    31644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    379
    Location
    east yorkshire
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by Wully View Post
    Thatís a nice feel good story. One of my neighbours adopts x racing greyhounds heís got one we donít know if it win any races but when he told me itís name I donít think it did. Itís called (Trap 7)
    I used to bet on the dogs trackside sometimes if a dog had a shit on parade I'd think it was a bit lighter and placed a bet .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •