Thread: A cashless society. !!!

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Card machines use tiny amounts of data, or what we used did, must admit though ours were not mobile units but used landline adsl2 or fibre connections as full stock info and prices were sent down which could be Mbís and 3G sim was a bit too slow. Shops had multiple card readers but a single router. We did use SIM cards as a backup for card payments but sim was only for diagnostics or card transaction. A really busy shop could survive on 1Mb data per month so tiny packets.

The mobile units may well be different, most of ours were Verifone make although we had Clover as well.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    I don't think I'd worry about product quality at 65p. I think debit card charges are less to the retailer than credit cards.
    Didn't know if contactless was charged to retailer or not . Apparently not . Don't think it was about when I sold up .
    But if you are paying for something , on a debit card , which costs 65p the shop is losing money on the deal

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymost View Post
    BANKS Not on our side NO but they are happy to charge us interest and charge us for overdrawing and the FAT CAT bank bosses are happy to get big bonuses even when the bank is losing money.We save with the bank and get a paltry rate of interest but they charge top rates on mortgages bank loans etc....One of the reasons of the 2008 crash banks a law unto themselves and conning so and sos.....
    I have not kept much money in a Bank for years.

My dosh is in Shares, the only downside was it took at least a week to get any sizeable sums transferred into my Bank Account when I needed to. I normally just keep a 'float' of cash available and use the Bank for my own convenience (Standing orders, Direct Debits etc.).

I have finally got my hands on an old Company Pension payout (not a fortune by the way) and I am just waiting for a sizeable drop in the Markets to bung it in the portfolio with the rest of my dosh. While the Banks have been giving around 1% Interest, I (and 'er indoors) have done far, far better.
    Likes trevskoda, mickymost liked this post
    Thanks mickymost thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Didn't know if contactless was charged to retailer or not . Apparently not . Don't think it was about when I sold up .
    But if you are paying for something , on a debit card , which costs 65p the shop is losing money on the deal
    It's surely their decision whether to accept that or a £20 note.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post

My dosh is in Shares, the only downside was it took at least a week to get any sizeable sums transferred into my Bank Account when I needed to. I normally just keep a 'float' of cash available and use the Bank for my own convenience (Standing orders, Direct Debits etc.).

I have finally got my hands on an old Company Pension payout (not a fortune by the way) and I am just waiting for a sizeable drop in the Markets to bung it in the portfolio with the rest of my dosh. While the Banks have been giving around 1% Interest, I (and 'er indoors) have done far, far better.
    Better to die in dept than leave a fortune behind you.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes TeamRienza liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Better to die in dept than leave a fortune behind you.
    The trouble is knowing how long its got to last,

maybe the last bank cheque to the undertaker bouncing because there is no more money left in the account.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    The trouble is knowing how long its got to last,

maybe the last bank cheque to the undertaker bouncing because there is no more money left in the account.
    it would also be unsigned in that case
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post

I have to agree with M,learned friend above.

Although in our case we not had a bank account since 1993.

Dezi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    I have to agree with M,learned friend above.

Although in our case we not had a bank account since 1993.

Dezi
    In N Ireland things like house rates etc MUST be paid by standing order or bank cheque,clearly states no cash excepted.
    Folk here with no bank are forced to live in council homes with electric card meters and have to que like zombies every tue in the post office for top ups.
    Only dirty people wash

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information