CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Who put the ball in the Germans net ? ( again)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

Who put the ball in the Germans net ? ( again)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Before I witter on and wax lyrical over a game of football, A big thumbs up to Lewis Hamilton at the Monaco Gp yesterday who adorned his car and helmet in tribute to Niki Lauder who sadly passed away earlier this week.

One of Hamiltons heros and friends with Niki who said of Lewis he reminded him of himself and hunger to win. Lewis won the race so the tribute couldnt be more fitting.

That game of football, The Manchester United legends of 99 (most class of 92) re enacting the Champion League final aganst Bayern Munich From 1999 ...How 20 years flies ! ..I clearly remember jumping round the living room when a certain Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and Teddy Sheringham snatched the game from defeat.

Did anyone bother telling the old lads it was a charity match ? Sir Alex in charge each player played with the grave seriousness wearing that shirt means, For me it magnified the lack of passion in the current side. David Beckham can still cross a ball on a sixpence, Jaap Staam is still quite frankly a scary defender ,and Paul Scholes the workman like midfielder ....

The prize this time was mere pride but a reminder Manchester Unted is more than a football club, ii was more than that meeting an old foe and the standard of football way above a testimonial match. Liverpool fan might disagree but understand what I mean .Wearing that shirt should mean something and the lads proved they remembered that yesterday .

Sir Alex Ferguson had a grin on him like a Cheshre cat ..he got the cream and seemed to enjoy every minute

Who put the ball in the Grermans net ? (again ) well it could only be super sub himself and current gaffer Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

YouTube

Channa
    Last edited by channa; 27-05-2019 at 08:17.
    Likes 2cv, Alf, mickymost liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    I was there on that incredible night, amazing how quickly 20 years has passed.
    2CV
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cv View Post
    I was there on that incredible night, amazing how quickly 20 years has passed.
    Bill you witnessed something very special I am deeply envious.

My ex wife was a Manchester girl, Her dad a season ticket holder at old trafford so you can imagine the atmosphere in my lounge

Kathy used to tell me as how as a young girl her dad took her to the games bovril and pie at half time, and said shecould be miles away as fans passed her from shoulder to shoulder

Looking at the team sheet yesterday only irwin seemed out of position and have you noticed the starting 11 all internationals

I reckon Ole after the match might have been having an impromptu recruitment drive.

In my mind there is absolutely no doubt that SAF and Ole are working together on the current crop who treat the club and game sometimes with indifference.

I have a lot of faith in the silent assassin ,he could always read a game hence the super sub tag and partly how he did it

I wish I could have got tickets for yesterday missed something a bit special .glad you enjoyed the video and brought back good memories

Channa
    Likes 2cv liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Not a M Utd fan

But I do appreciate their history and indeed their (then) passion and pride in their game.
    Liverpool were and now seem to be again the other English(?) team with similar qualities.

I quite like Lewis and he has magic touches both on and off the circuit.
    Interesting that Nikki Lauda and James Hunt were great friends despite their conflicting life-styles.
    Their rivalry was great in that it was built on mutual respect as well
    Likes channa liked this post

Thread Information