CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The next installment

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Come dressing change moment the little thing is buzzing already through a stethoscope sounds like a jet taking off or a heron building up speed ...its strong that the main thing Jack my nurse who changed it was well impressed . I have a rubber ball to excercise but so far the dog is winning 3 nil

Attachment 71350

Here it is 24 hours afterwards note no stitches i dont understand that part

Channa

PS met a young lady kidney patient too far more experience than me dialises had two failed transplants one date and it was great better still a caravanner so just a case of converting her to motorhomes and campers easy peasy . Double bonus lives in Liverpool so get to go back and visit me hubcaps

PPS do you think it is too early to mention a closet Man UTD fan
    I see the picture, your certainly well endowed no wonder you are a hit with the ladies !
    Thanks channa thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Hope your back up to fitness soon.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Come dressing change moment the little thing is buzzing already through a stethoscope sounds like a jet taking off or a heron building up speed ...its strong that the main thing Jack my nurse who changed it was well impressed . I have a rubber ball to excercise but so far the dog is winning 3 nil

Attachment 71350

Here it is 24 hours afterwards note no stitches i dont understand that part

Channa

PS met a young lady kidney patient too far more experience than me dialises had two failed transplants one date and it was great better still a caravanner so just a case of converting her to motorhomes and campers easy peasy . Double bonus lives in Liverpool so get to go back and visit me hubcaps

PPS do you think it is too early to mention a closet Man UTD fan
    re- the stitching
    maybe the same as my knee, all the stitches are subcutaneous leaving a very neat scar
    Last edited by n brown; 04-06-2019 at 21:03.
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc sprinter elwb van still to convert
    Hi Andrew thanks for keeping the troops informed, a guy at work had a fistula, and I was amazed at how fast blood flows, lucky for him he has a new kidney, and doing well and back at work, take care , gerry

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorcaravan

Worrying more about the needling can be painful ,same sight every other day

Channa
    Been there, done that.
    Yes, I found it scarey to start with. I never watched as they did it.
    That said, it wasn't long before I was used to it and accepted it had to be done.

The big advantage of needling the same site each time is that an access hole is formed.
    Once established they simply remove the scab over the site and use a blunt needle to gain access. Much less painful.

Good luck with everything.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Been there, done that.
    Yes, I found it scarey to start with. I never watched as they did it.
    That said, it wasn't long before I was used to it and accepted it had to be done.

The big advantage of needling the same site each time is that an access hole is formed.
    Once established they simply remove the scab over the site and use a blunt needle to gain access. Much less painful.

Good luck with everything.
    I think that technique is termed button holing ? For some reason the Leeds NHS trust dont do that I shall ask sister tomorrow why not. I know Haydn a former member here button holes and finds it better than just simple needling.

The benefit of this wrist fistula if benefit is the right word seems that they can needle different parts of the arm to prevent tracking and colllasped veins. Moreover they can re fistulise further up the arm

Several of the other patients have told me to try and avoid pain relief when needled and try to get used to it By allaccounts when local pain relief is applied that can be painful in itself

I cant wait !!! A case of getting on with it

Did you receive a transplant ? I hope all is going well for you, It is certainly a journey of sorts

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorcaravan
    Yes, buttonholing is the correct term.
    I was on dialysis for fourteen months and then was lucky enough to have a transplant. That happened in May last year.
    Last month I had the fistula tied off due to it becoming painful. Should it be needed again they will, as you say, make another further up the arm.
    Now it's a case of numerous tablets to prevent rejection.

I hope all goes well for you.
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Yes, buttonholing is the correct term.
    I was on dialysis for fourteen months and then was lucky enough to have a transplant. That happened in May last year.
    Last month I had the fistula tied off due to it becoming painful. Should it be needed again they will, as you say, make another further up the arm.
    Now it's a case of numerous tablets to prevent rejection.

I hope all goes well for you.
    GLad you have your transplant and long may it continue to carry on working. A lot of people think it is a cure and it isnt but gives a better quality than dialysis.

The lady I am seeing has had two tx and both failed back on HD so it is a precarious path. THe anti rejection drugs and amount of them seems endless

My new pal is buzzing like a good one and can be felt arleady with out a stethoscope, Michelle bought me a stress ball the other day to excercise and build up.

Lucky lad really . knows far more about it all than I do and looks after me like mother hen

YOu take care and all the best

Channa
    Likes Allen liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    As mentioned above Allen and Hadyn Buttonhole on dialysis my unit doesnt , so asked today and been told the same thing by a couple of people

When I dialyise I will use what the call a ladder technique so different locations every time because of bruising and tenderness. Buttonhole is best described as putting earings in a channel ids formed using the same spot so once the button established the pan is less.

The reason why Leeds dont do it is down to staffing I am told the same person has to do it everytime, Every Nurse needles slightly different angles etc and getting it wrong can cause complications. So because there is no guarantee the same staff are working and logisitics of the ward the same member of staff cant be guaranteed so use the ladder technique.

Ladder in theory uses sharper needles because a new site is used on each occasion for pain relief I believe they use or similar too Lignacaine but that in itself is unpleasant so there we have it resources of the ward stretched ( which I know to be true) and ultimately the patient pays perhpas

Rather than every Tom Dick and Mohammed needling me I intend to learn myself by doing so the button hole technique favoured by many becomes available
    72 hours now the pain has gone hand still swollen but the main thing is the fistula is buzzing like a good un

Channa
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Pauljenny, Allen liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information