CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data breach?

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    You're not giving away much lol. After the email, did you go to a web browser and try to log in to Amazon?

I still think there might actually have been nothing wrong with your account, but the email you had from Amazon was fake.

The idea being you click the link in the email to log in and fix it, so the scammer gets your logon details. There are many versions, but here is info about one of the scams:

Fake Amazon emails claim you have placed an order | Action Fraud

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    You're not giving away much lol. After the email, did you go to a web browser and try to log in to Amazon?

I still think there might actually have been nothing wrong with your account, but the email you had from Amazon was fake.

The idea being you click the link in the email to log in and fix it, so the scammer gets your logon details. There are many versions, but here is info about one of the scams:

Fake Amazon emails claim you have placed an order | Action Fraud
    Yes, I went to the Amazon website and tried to log on ... without success because my account was compromised (as stated in the Amazon notification).

If it had been a spoof (as in your example) I would not have clicked on the link in the spoof email anyway (as I explained earlier) but gone to the Amazon website and the Paypal website to check if there were any details of the purchase. I did that on this occasion, to double check that Amazon had indeed cancelled the purchases.

You may be right and it was a spoof but it didn't work with me, so I will never know for sure.
    Likes trevskoda, st3v3 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Good news is they spotted it and saved all the hassle.
    Likes maingate, delicagirl liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information