CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Well done Scotland AGAIN

  1. #1

    Member Number
    39158
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16,820
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F

    Well done Scotland AGAIN



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

  2. #2

    Member Number
    49915
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,538
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Great idea been around for a while you can take a Plastic bottle or any container into any pub or cafe in Glasgow and there supposed to fill it free from a designated tap.
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,205
    Didn't we already do municipal drinking fountains.... From my youth I was always fascinated that Scarborough even catered for the four legged contingent....

    scarborough-to_filey-yorkshire_9.jpg

    They'll be inventing public toilets next ;-)
    Likes channa, mark61, yorkslass, time4t, carol, jeanette liked this post

  4. #4

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,217
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    I bet Highland Spring are over the moon with it.
    Likes trevskoda, Alf, phillybarbour liked this post

  5. #5

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,417
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    I bet Highland Spring are over the moon with it.
    Something they should have TAPPED into years ago.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Wully, mark61, izwozral liked this post

  6. #6
    mariesnowgoose's Avatar
    mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's gone bald!

    Member Number
    22098
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,971
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Buxton in Derbyshire has similar.

    It's the same stuff they put in the bottles you buy, but you can fill up there for free
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes Alf, yorkslass liked this post

  7. #7

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,417
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Talking of water,a girl i knew went to the doc then sent round to the day nurse where she was ask to give a sample and given a glass jar to do so,but she insisted she had just been and no way could.the nurse got on her high horse and said well you will just have to force your self,the girl got a orange soft drink from her h/bag and filled the sample jar,went back to the nurse and said,best i could do but dont look to strong so i will put it through again then drank the lot to the astonishment of the nurse.
    Only dirty people wash

  8. #8
    Nabsim's Avatar
    Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

    Member Number
    74742
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    High Peak
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Buxton in Derbyshire has similar.

    It's the same stuff they put in the bottles you buy, but you can fill up there for free
    I have never understood how folks could drink it coming out the fountain though, tepid and not nice tasting. The water coming out of Buxton taps is much nicer
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

  9. #9

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,417
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    I have never understood how folks could drink it coming out the fountain though, tepid and not nice tasting. The water coming out of Buxton taps is much nicer
    Better to drink from a bottle where all the germs are killed with alcohol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes izwozral, Nabsim, time4t liked this post

  10. #10

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,755
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Talking of water,a girl i knew went to the doc then sent round to the day nurse where she was ask to give a sample and given a glass jar to do so,but she insisted she had just been and no way could.the nurse got on her high horse and said well you will just have to force your self,the girl got a orange soft drink from her h/bag and filled the sample jar,went back to the nurse and said,best i could do but dont look to strong so i will put it through again then drank the lot to the astonishment of the nurse.
    Really you had to be there to see this,

    at work a chap had to give a wee sample for the doctors and he had 2 sample bottles.

    Now the chap at works was a scotsman and he filled the second bottle with whiskey.

    The indian cleaner walked in and the scotsman held the wee sample bottle to the light and showed it to the cleaner.

    The scotsman took the top off the bottle sniffed and swigged it, the cleaner ran off screaming, but the scotsman was drinking the whiskey sample !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •