CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who did you use to make your will?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

who did you use to make your will?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    i have contacted several will-making/PowerOfAttorney producing companies and solicitors for quotes. The "will writers" are just not upfront with their fees and they dont explain who is responsible for doing what after you instruct them. The POA form is a complex affair with paperwork going to and fro and to and fro and then fees to be paid to the Office of the Public Guardian in addition

The costs to write my will and 2 Powers of Attorney documents vary from nearly £2000 to £400.

can anyone recommend a good will-writing company preferably in the south west please ...... thank you
    Last edited by delicagirl; 26-06-2019 at 12:51.

Member Number
    These seem to get good reviews:

Making a will with our expertise is easy - Which?
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    i have contacted several will-making/PowerOfAttorney producing companies and solicitors for quotes. The costs vary from nearly £2000 to £400. The "will writers" are just not upfront with their fees and they dont explain who is responsible for doing what after you instruct them. The POA form is a complex affair with paperwork going to and fro and to and fro and then fees to be paid to the Office of the Public Guardian in addition

can anyone recommend a good will-writing company preferably in the south west please ...... thank you
    A friend of mine recommended Age Concern which I think is now Age UK. He said it was a free service but you are invited to make a donation. Havenít yet investigated it myself so I dont know if this is still the case.
    Likes phillybarbour liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    The costs vary from nearly £2000 to £400

I imagined it would be in the region of a couple of hundred quid.

My reply to a quotation of £2000 would be "Did I really say I intended to leave everything to you b**gers!"

Will be following this thread with interest, good luck.
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post

I imagined it would be in the region of a couple of hundred quid.

My reply to a quotation of £2000 would be "Did I really say I intended to leave everything to you b**gers!"

Will be following this thread with interest, good luck.

Ooops - should have posted the cost of a Will + 2 Powers of Attorney - sorry

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    This link explains the options Making a will: free or cheap will writing - MoneySavingExpert

We had our wills done under the charity scheme, whereby you pay nothing but are expected (but not obliged) to leave a bequest to the charity concerned.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Im sure ours cost about £150 with a well know reputable Solicitors in Darlington but I seem to remember when going through the Power of Attorney procedure with my mothers estate it took for ever (a different firm sadly) and she was dead before they got it sorted so maybe it costs more I dunno.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco daily mwb high top panel van..
    we normally use chubb bullied by the market cross in somerton for legal bits and bobs, theres also another legal bod in the triangle just up from the post office, though theyre moving into the cellar in the brunel precinct sometime in july.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Bedouin
    A Will ?????
    I have told my 2 sons - often - that the only thing i will leave them is debt - so no need for a will for that !!!!!
    Likes saxonborg, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    One of those times to go to the professional imo. That is, a neighbourhood recommended
    long established local solicitor. Of course they charge a fee, but they can be quite reasonable
    £200 or less if kept simple. Some even have a "free" Will Making session every year, they
    probably hope to be made Executors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information