CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bemused !!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

Bemused !!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The last couple of weeks has been interesting, time to dust off the knifes and back to a kitchen,( or repair caravans) The DWP in their wisdom and archaic rules have decided I am fit for work despite consultants saying otherwise. The bottom line is any appeal process will take best part of 12 months the consequences is no income until it is all sorted.

Now before it reads as a moan part of me has never wanted to pack it all in so their decision has given the excuse I need and at 56 need to be pragmatic, no spring chicken etc so rather than seek employment, invest energy in working for myself, to that end on the cusp of buying a café to keep me entertained,

In preparation, I have swopped dialysis shifts from early mornings to a twilight shift so work in the morns to mid afternoon pop to the hospital and have my "oil change "

Further pre battle plans is I have decided to change the car, and here is the bit that has left me bemused. The Honda Jazz I have is a 2004, never let me down economical ,BUT potentially costing brass, Front O/S spring has broke ( speed bump) the clutch is on its way out, and a slight blow on the exhaust, Whilst parts are reasonable the labour times are prohibitive no space to do it at home and health wise need help.(learning very quickly cant do what I used too)

So the new steed is a BMW 318 Touring (estate) the body style better for stock carrying, Bought the thing then found out it is the m sport model with bits of bodykit on it ..So time to insure it.

Using Hastings Direct for the Honda time to amend the policy and expecting a couple of hundred pound increase in premium , Imagine my surprise when the operative told me well Mr Channa you are due a £48 refund !!!

So I have a car which is a dream to drive, better specced.can tow Michelles wobble box and paying £50 less for the priviledge makes no sense at all but on this occasion no complaints.

Oh and for the bikers, Beemers do have indicators !! ( bugger to get used to though sensitive little things)

Channa

Member Number
    The DWP a bunch of complete bunch of ..........

And an insurance company giving money back ?

The first I believe but the second ?

I'm just on the 0800 169 number at the moment.
    Likes delicagirl, mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks channa thanked for this post

Member Number
    Yesterday I was waiting for the DWP we know this is urgent within 4 hours call back, did they call back, nope.

If you have to go into hospital for dialysis every other day how on earth can they think you are fit for work ?

Maybe just sign on for JSA ?
    Likes Alf, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Yesterday I was waiting for the DWP we know this is urgent within 4 hours call back, did they call back, nope.

If you have to go into hospital for dialysis every other day how on earth can they think you are fit for work ?

Maybe just sign on for JSA ?
    Irony with that suggestion, you sign on once for JSA hand in a fit note and the irony they put you on ESA assessment rate you cant make it up. But still the possibility of buggering about signing on every fortnight.

Channa

Member Number
    signing on, yes I remember my,

CALL SECURITY

incident because I put a dirty tissue in their waste paper bin.

Talk about Daniel Blake !
    Likes delicagirl, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    The problem with JSA is that they expect you to spend at least 40 hours a week searching the internet and walking the streets and applying for jobs - and be able to prove to their satisfaction that you are doing that.

You can't do that and go for dialysis every other day.

Best of luck in whatever you do, Channa.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    The problem with JSA is that they expect you to spend at least 40 hours a week searching the internet and walking the streets and applying for jobs - and be able to prove to their satisfaction that you are doing that.

You can't do that and go for dialysis every other day.

Best of luck in whatever you do, Channa.
    But Channa must be able to do that, they found him fit for work, see what I mean.
    Likes channa, Alf, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    It's cunningly planned to keep you from becoming fat, idle and complacent, Andy.
    Time to get back on your toes, crank up that fine brain, between your lugholes, Show some Yorkshire cussedness
    I presume you've already contacted the various helplines available? Dialysis UK or some such.
    The cafe could be a good idea, if close to a Benefits Agency office..a few Salmonella sandwiches and under warmed chicken pies should be enough to ensure that you get jailed..

Free board and lodging, plenty of sex..and SKY Tv.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes helmit, Beemer, channa, Debroos, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Beemer is offline Full Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post

Oh and for the bikers, Beemers do have indicators !! ( bugger to get used to though sensitive little things)

Channa
    The indicators on the old Beemer bikes were different, one switch on the left for the left indicator, and one on the right, for the right indicator, makes kinda sense, if you are German, I guess.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory

APPEAL

The majority of cases that they turn down are successfully appealed...
    Cynical, but it weeds out some of the lead swingers .. and Kills off a few deserving cases... Win/ Win for us taxpayers.

Our daughter works for Scope.. They can help

New Leeds helpline giving free advice to disabled people facing Universal Credit issues - Yorkshire Evening Post
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information