CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glasto

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Was anyone here at the now legendary Treworgey Tree Fayre in 1989?

Me and a bunch of mates were camping in Cornwall and had heard of a music festival taking place nearby so decided to check it out. It was a real eye opener. Possibly the most surreal experience of my life.

We were all long-haired leather-jacketed oiks, some of the lads were bikers and we considered ourselves old hands having been regulars at Monsters of Rock, Reading, Knebworth and motorbike rallies up and down the country. Thought we'd seen it all. Then we rolled up, 7 lads in a hired Transit van with Little Dave behind on his bike.

It was like a scene from a Mad Max film. A huge disorganised dustbowl full of unwashed crusties in hundreds of mad looking contraptions, drugs being traded openly - we weren't innocent in that respect but it was on a whole new level and hard stuff too. I think we were the only people on site who had had a bath in living memory. The facilities were pretty much non existent so it was a case of taking a spade out into the woods, I remember a hand written sign saying "bury your s**t or we'll make you eat it". There was a negative undercurrent about the place, an intimidating atmosphere, an anger at society, the majority of people were just in it for a laugh but there were some really nasty elements there too. Us old hands were way out of our depth! But we had a bloody great time, drank warm beer and watched some great bands. The festival was supposed to end on Sunday and most of us were due back in work on Monday, but there was no chance we were getting out, penned in behind hundreds of vans and old buses whose occupants had no intention of moving until they were out of gear! Numerous sickies pulled and emergency leave begged for and we eventually got out of the site on the Tuesday.

Most amusing memory was of two young crusty girls walking by chatting and one saying to the other "'es been promising to wash 'is dick"

The shocking reality of Cornwall's Treworgey Tree Fayre where people died and over 300 were arrested - Cornwall Live
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes mark61, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    “We spotted a chap who was slow-dancing to the sound of a burger van’s generator."
    A fart - telling your pants to get out of the way.
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Watching gmtv this morning a young lad who apparently was plucked from the crowd at glasto randomly by Dave the rapper has gone viral, he made his way onto the stage and rapped with Dave ,it got me thinking if you take away the music during someone singing compared to someone rapping you end up with something completely different to the norm,hmmm,personally I'd rather hear a song rather than a rant.
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    son got back today with one of his caravans.he had a great glasto, the game he invented and built , bums firing ping pong balls - you catch them in your mouth to win a prize , went down well,and the half carousel stage he also designed and built worked great - easy to erect and take down . as all the construction took place in my shed , i felt kind of part of it !
    anyway he and his team worked very hard for little money ,but loved it
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes barryd, mark61, martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmartin View Post
    Watching gmtv this morning a young lad who apparently was plucked from the crowd at glasto randomly by Dave the rapper has gone viral, he made his way onto the stage and rapped with Dave ,it got me thinking if you take away the music during someone singing compared to someone rapping you end up with something completely different to the norm,hmmm,personally I'd rather hear a song rather than a rant.
    I missed that. Here is the clip if anyone is interested. What gets me is how the feck do you write all those words let alone remember them!

Lad looks like he is shitting himself at first but does well. He is going to live off that moment pulling girls for the rest of his life.

Likes martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i am not sure this was a "random amateur" plucking out a young man from the crowd..... he seemed way too professional and confident to me....
    Likes martinmartin, trixie88 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    i am not sure this was a "random amateur" plucking out a young man from the crowd..... he seemed way too professional and confident to me....
    I did wonder that myself. It has happened before at other gigs. He looked pretty genuine at the beginning though.

Member Number
    Real OR staged..... Who knows and(or) frankly cares....

This is one of my all time faves...

Likes barryd liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Real OR staged..... Who knows and(or) frankly cares....

This is one of my all time faves...

Kiss guy rocks!🤘
    Likes mistericeman liked this post
    Thanks mistericeman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Yeah he was pretty awesome but clearly not just another youtube bedroom guitarist. A proper Muso I expect. He knew that track backwards and clearly not phased by being on stage either. Would love to do something like that but Id probably fall of the fecking stage after cocking it up massively.
    Likes delicagirl, mistericeman, izwozral liked this post
    Thanks mistericeman thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information