CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasto

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert

Glasto

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Just finished a 12 hour shift and a time for a couple, watching wu tang clan ,rapping 5hite does anyone get this nonsense, chemical brothers are ace.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    No I donít but the Killers did a great set and our Liam wasnít half bad but is looking past his sellby date some great music yesterday but also some that I donít rate must be an age thing. 😂😂
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Likes martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco daily mwb high top panel van..
    were about 15 miles away can hear it clearly in the evenings. wouldnt want to be any closer.
    Likes martinmartin, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Hawkwind headlined the acoustic stage (of all stages for them to play?) last night but I cant find any coverage of it. Of all the bands I wanted to see they were top of the list.

Seen them a few times and they played in 89 off the back of a flat bed truck about three in the morning in the now banned Travellers field at Glasto which used to be about quarter of a mile down a track on the fringe of the festival grounds. Devo also played that night there. None of this was on the bill, there were just rumours that they were going to turn up. It was like a scene out of a Mad Max film. Awesome. I think I woke up in a hedge covered in mud.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmartin View Post
    Just finished a 12 hour shift and a time for a couple, watching wu tang clan ,rapping 5hite does anyone get this nonsense, chemical brothers are ace.
    The blues man, Walter Trout, said at his gig in Manchester. "rap stands for Retards Attempting Poetry". Not exactly pc, some audience members cheered, some booed, I just agreed with the sentiment.
    A fart - telling your pants to get out of the way.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    all is not well at Worthy Farm..... the showers were closed to preserve water for drinking... fair enough .... a fair number of stewards on Friday suffered bad nose bleeds and unexpected migraines.... some are blaming the 5G that Eavis has used to power the festival.... a video made about this was put on FB and withdrawn fairly quickly by FB.....

i heard the music on Friday but not a peep since... maybe the wind direction has changed....
    Likes martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    all is not well at Worthy Farm..... the showers were closed to preserve water for drinking... fair enough .... a fair number of stewards on Friday suffered bad nose bleeds and unexpected migraines.... some are blaming the 5G that Eavis has used to power the festival.... a video made about this was put on FB and withdrawn fairly quickly by FB.....

i heard the music on Friday but not a peep since... maybe the wind direction has changed....
    Showers!!! At Glasto? Good god, the country has gone soft!!! There is a photo of me somewhere in the late 80s completely covered in mud with just my eyes showing. I was still picking bits of mud out of the car three months later. I wonder if they have improved the toilets though. They were always a bit of a challenge. They brought those more modern Portaloos in eventually but people kept pushing them over when their mates were inside which never ended well.

It was the smell of wood smoke that always got me. I can remember sitting at the top of the hill in the Green field late evening watching the smoke of a thousand fires slowly drift into the still summer air, a glorious sight. Every time I smell camp fire wood smoke now it reminds me of Glasto.
    Likes shaunr68, Caz liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Showers!!! At Glasto? Good god, the country has gone soft!!! There is a photo of me somewhere in the late 80s completely covered in mud with just my eyes showing. I was still picking bits of mud out of the car three months later. I wonder if they have improved the toilets though. They were always a bit of a challenge. They brought those more modern Portaloos in eventually but people kept pushing them over when their mates were inside which never ended well.

It was the smell of wood smoke that always got me. I can remember sitting at the top of the hill in the Green field late evening watching the smoke of a thousand fires slowly drift into the still summer air, a glorious sight. Every time I smell camp fire wood smoke now it reminds me of Glasto.
    I used to go too between the early 90s and around 2002. First time I made the rookie mistake of camping within 100 metres of the portaloos, the ones that were made from planks over a cess pit. Lovely aroma while you're "cooking" your tea, usually consisting of hot dog sausage butties washed down with a few pints of beer that had been warming up in a plastic bottle at the back of the tent all day.

My favourite Glasto memory was watching the Levellers headlining Friday night on the main stage, flippin awesome.

In 1995 I bought my '72 Devon VW camper and from then on it was luxury in the campervan field, awning and camping chairs out, fridge full of cold beer, own bog and even better during the infamous muddy years (97/98?) the camper field was slightly sloping and better drained than the rest of the site, a haven away from the quagmire.

I used to love the circus field and sitting getting pissed in the comedy tent. I swear some years I never watched any music, just loved wandering around watching all the mad stuff going on.

I'd love to go again one day, but being older, fatter and grumpier I don't think I'd like the crowds.

https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes mark61, barryd, martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    I used to go too between the early 90s and around 2002. First time I made the rookie mistake of camping within 100 metres of the portaloos, the ones that were made from planks over a cess pit. Lovely aroma while you're "cooking" your tea, usually consisting of hot dog sausage butties washed down with a few pints of beer that had been warming up in a plastic bottle at the back of the tent all day.

My favourite Glasto memory was watching the Levellers headlining Friday night on the main stage, flippin awesome.

In 1995 I bought my '72 Devon VW camper and from then on it was luxury in the campervan field, awning and camping chairs out, fridge full of cold beer, own bog and even better during the infamous muddy years (97/98?) the camper field was slightly sloping and better drained than the rest of the site, a haven away from the quagmire.

I used to love the circus field and sitting getting pissed in the comedy tent. I swear some years I never watched any music, just loved wandering around watching all the mad stuff going on.

I'd love to go again one day, but being older, fatter and grumpier I don't think I'd like the crowds.

Yeah those bogs were pretty grim. We used to always arrive early on the Wednesday. I can remember in the late 80s it was really hot (89 I think again) and I had a Renault 5 with silver stars and Greenpeace stickers all over it and back then you could drive your car into the main arena, at least on the Wednesday you could. We set up camp at the top of the field then drove down right in front of the Pyramid stage and sat on the roof all afternoon drinking Scrumpy and watching the sound checks etc. None of that allowed now of course.

Got all sorts of mad memories from there but I agree with you. I dont remember the music as much as the other stuff that was going on and just the atmosphere. Drugs were freely available of course and you had dealers at every gate entrance simply just shouting out what they had on offer and the few rozzers just turning a blind eye. They would be shouting stuff like "Black Ash!" etc. I came up with a plan to try and see if we could attract a bit of female attention so we grabbed a few packets of Polo mints and stood near one of the dealers on the gate into the food area and hot spicy cider bus and started shouting "Polos!, Get your FREE POLOS!". We were mobbed, somebody giving summat away for free!! You had to be there really.
    Likes shaunr68, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW crafter
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmartin View Post
    Thank God it's not just me, imho Stormzy is a pile of shite, sadly encouraged by yuppie snowflakes who think they're gangsters, to be fair he does a lot for his community though so fair play to him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information